Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Ack didnt know the deadline was so soon! kinda rushed the text a bit but the order is final

10. Kirby and the Forgotten Land

Kirby making a successful jump to 3D isn't very surprising since y’know its a platformer and Nintendo themselves have put out quite a few good ones in 3D. Though the game isn't a surprise it is a delight from beginning to end with fun “mouthful forms” and great bosses, can’t wait for an expanded sequel that brings back some of my favorite powers like Fighter and Suplex

9. Pokemon Violet

After playing Acreus in January and being very disappointed I had somewhat low expectations for this one, luckily the actual main games are still mostly consistent in their structure and Acres was just a weird anomaly. An iteration on the very good Sword and Shield this game fixed most of my complaints and made a seamless open world that is a joy to explore and actually added characters that I like and care about

8. Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origin

I came for the gameplay thinking the story would be awful but at some point I realized the story and characters are actually very good, very unexpected based on early impressions. I came to really like angry chaos man and his gang of misfits and the combat remained entertaining throughout. Loot was a pain to sort through but it didn't keep me from having fun

7. Xenoblade Chronicles 3

I’m an off again on again fan of the Xeno series But this one is near the top of the heap. The story starts off great and continues the momentum for quite a while quickly introducing us to our main group and to the enemy faction but the game stumbles towards the end and doesn’t stick the landing compared to its direct prequel. Even so the world is amazing to explore, the combat is the best its been, the majority of the sidequests are compelling and the main characters are all great

6. Bayonetta 3

I’m a big fan of the “Stylish Action” Genre and this doesn’t disappoint on that front with great weapons, fun enemies, cool new summoning mechanic, and set pieces that aren’t overly terrible. But what holds it back from being in my top 3 is the story is god awful just the worst. Usually a bad story doesn’t bother me but this one was just that bad I was punching the final boss at the end but could just not bring myself to care about any of it. Beating the game unlocked the extra combat focused missions which reignited my love for the game, but please Platinum, hire better writers or make your stories light and comedic like Wonderful 101

5. Splatoon 3

I don't really have much to say abut this one but its the best the series has ever been and the single player is a great mix of Octo expansion and standard Splatoon stages. Dualie Squelchers for life

4. Milk Outside a Bag of Milk Outside a Bag of milk

This one came as a surprise to me, Helping this girl cope with her fears and traumas was quite the experience and was very touching. An unforgettable game with cool art and great character writing

3. Omori

I like Earthbound and Yume Nikki and this is a great mashup of both. A game about coping with guilt, and acceptance. Game is charmingly cute but will stab you with a rusty knife when it wants and knows exactly what to say to make you cry. The combat system is fun and consists of you emotionally manipulating both the enemy and your party members. I feel like there is one dungeon too many but I adored this game all the way through to its emotional finish.

2. Triangle Strategy

The strategy gameplay is aces and the story is compelling, there are countless way you can approach each encounter and each of them are valid. The story splits are very well done and the consequences of your actions make sense. A game I was thrilled to play through three times, enjoyed every minute of this

1. Elden Ring

A game I knew would be at the top of my list back in march, an absolute spectacular game. The best open world I've ever seen with an amazing art direction, fantastic enemy and weapon variety. Great build flexibility, love almost all of the bosses. Game is nearly flawless from beginning to end, might be in my top five of best games ever

Short list
10. Kirby and the Forgotten Land
9. Pokemon Violet
8. Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origin
7. Xenoblade Chronicles 3
6. Bayonetta 3
5. Splatoon 3
4. Milk Outside a Bag of Milk Outside a Bag of milk
3. Omori
2. Triangle Strategy
1. Elden Ring

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Sekiro is worth upwards of $60

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Nice

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Whenever I read Rogue Legacy 2 it’s always to the tune of the Three’s Company theme. Am I alone here? Yes? Okay then

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
The main guy is Android 17 in the middle

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Tunic reminds me of playing a Link to the Past on my Uncles SNES before I learned how to read

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Collusion and conspiracy

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

Stux posted:

ff14 is aids

this

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Surprised that Horizon is going to be above GoW. Thought the recency bias would have a greater influence

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
VS does nothing for me but the journey from cheaply made indie game that stole sprites from castlevania to a gaming juggernaut was amazing

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Elden Ring is the great unifier

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
A lot of people couldn’t look past the terrible story and get to the good gameplay within

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Finally, now we can close the thread