Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

It's on my list... of games I don't want to play !!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Rarity posted:

Don't make me tap the sign

4. Don't be a dick about other people's choices.

What if it no one chose it

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Save the horizon zeroes out of ten for the actual countdown, imo

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

God of win

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Elden ring will be sweeping Witch of the Year 2022

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

the ps5 exclusy? Not bloody likely!!

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

a kitten posted:

I made a supplemental list

I really appreciate the enthusiasm as a fellow Elden lord but some folks itt haven’t played Elden ring but will, and imo it would serve them well to not know some of these specifics

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I dont want to examine why I like what I like

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Stux posted:

i pref er to be inclusive rather than excludeo r make people do things they dont want to. let the listers be free to live their lives and still participate in the way they wish.

Who cares

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

10. Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Enough character development options to sate most grognards. Turn-based / real-time toggle is cool.

9. Into the Breach
Free "Advanced Edition" additions mean even more interesting ways to attempt to contain an outbreak of evil bugs.

8. Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward
Refer to my popular "Here's everything wrong with FFXIV" posts in the summer chat threads for more. Heavensward had my favourite main plot of the expacs I played (ARR to mid-Shadowbringer).

7. Pokémon Sword
Specifically due to my Nuzlocke-lite self-imposed restrictions, I got a lot of joy out of exploring the Wild Zone and taking care of my limited arsenal of 'Mons.

6. Ghost Trick
Great animations, fun characters, okay puzzles, it's a tight little bundle of good.

5. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
The Maddening difficulty mode usually brings the correct amount of challenge for me, and planning out my squad to meet that challenge was fun. Shame about the protagonist's silent nature, lots of plot elements are left dangling because Byleth cannot assert any agency.

4. XCOM 2: War of the Chosen
One of the few cases where more is more. There's so much to keep track of now, so much to juggle, it's exhilarating but exhausting. One day I will complete a campaign.

3. Rimworld: Biotech
You can do some wild, wild stuff now. My Chewbacca is in love with an enslaved space vampire.

2. Europa Universalis 4: Anbennar
A total conversion mod that uses the base game's systems to tell many, many compelling stories.

1. Elden Ring
The devs who made some of the best games of the past two decades just released one of their best games ever. I could point to a hundred different moments when the game had me hooting/hollering, giddier than a VideoGames.

Jay Rust fucked around with this message at 17:34 on Dec 31, 2022

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

The question on everyone's lips... who will be taking home the SA GotY silver

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Imho elden ring is very good

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I am one of the goons who played the trianglestrats demo and thought “eww”, one day I will give it a proper shake

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Boring on purpose? Genius

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Post ur favourite 2022 game music!!

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Did ropekid not post a list? That’s a bad goon

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

It's a good game (just IMO)

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Can’t wait for the movie!!,

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Turismou

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

No Kirb award for Best Flash game?

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Should’ve Strived harder haha

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

gruilty

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Should’ve called it Draggin Quest !!

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Help Im Alive posted:

People say it's one of the best JRPGs but I don't like the main guy's hair so my hands are tied

Which of the guys in the pic there is the main guy? Although tbh they all have awful hair

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Numbers go up

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Try hitman 3 too. It beat tinykin in the 2022 goty thread

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Put in on pc

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Auron > Lulu > Rikku > Kimahri > Yuna > Tidus > Wakka > am I forgetting someone?

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Andrast posted:

Wakka owns

“I love the racist religious fundamentalist” - you!!

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Oh it’s break time, back to gaming I go

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

top 40…

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Page 69 still to come (cum)

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

still slays

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Monster train is much easier to break and that’s a good thing imo

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Both are about as equally ugly tho

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I wasn’t able to figure out which game it was until I read the quote about the centrist

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I get the feeling the point differences between the games are closer than ever !!

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I liked the first part of inscription a lot

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I think the games we see from this point on are gonna be good games

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Re: cyberjunk. It was always a p good game, the bugs were usually fun iirc