Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

i didn't see it in the op or the first few pages, but is there a link to the results from prior years? i see the links to the old threads, but didn't know if anyone had the links to the exact posts or a spreadsheet with the results.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

how can you play more than 50 whole games in a year?!?!? :psyduck:

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

yea, i've never played sotn and have been meaning to for a decade now. that post just hit it home that i need to do it.

time to find an old psx, i suppose.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

i've only glossed over the lists in here, but it seems like if you love elden ring, you don't list xc3. and if you love xc3, you don't list elden ring. i get it, very different games. still feels noteworthy, though, especially when i think elden ring will finish first and xc3 second.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

in general! obviously a few lists had both, but most of the ones i've seen don't.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

jesus, i know some people put both in their lists. i'm just saying in scanning most of the lists out there, most did not.

there are exceptions! i get it!

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

Regy Rusty posted:

I do not think your generalization is correct op

just went over the first ten pages. there are exactly 40 lists where only one of either elden ring or xenoblade chronicles 3 exists in the top 10. there are exactly 5 lists where both exist in the top 10.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

Aipsh posted:

I doubt enough people will play Armoured core this year to make it no. 1 but it will be, in my heart. Even though I’ve never played an ‘armoured’ core

i don't know, that trailer is possibly the most impressive video game trailer i've ever seen and if i didn't already own a ps5 i'm fairly sure the insanity in that tralier would convince me.

the game looks beyond exciting and addictive.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

bayonetta has to be the biggest disappointment, right? the switch thread talked about that game for about two weeks straight, and people seemed to really like it, but it didn't even place in the top 75.

feels kind of weird?

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

elden ring may have blown everything else out of the water this year, but i think staying power is even more impressive. veeeeeery curious where it lands over the upcoming years. will it be top 3 next year? top 5? how about in three years? still a top 25/50 game?

if i've read the thread correctly, disco elysium is probably the most impressive in terms of staying power, yea? i think it finished first in its first year, top 5 in the next, then like top 20 in the following two? i don't know, does anyone have disco elysium's exact track record offhand?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

Rarity posted:

Well FF14 has been in the top 10 for the last 4 years but it's a special case cause it constantly gets new content. Besides that Disco Elysium is by far the best for longevity but from memory Hades, Outer Wilds and Sekiro have all done a great job of sticking around as well

good point.

will elden ring get more content? is it better to compare elden ring to ffxiv or disco or any of those other titles? i've yet to play elden ring so i can't say. it's obviously not an mmo so i don't think ffxiv feels like the right comparison? but maybe they're planning something?