Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RazeChildren
Apr 27, 2003

Rynoto posted:

End-game is fun but takes too much time.

This is the painful truth.
I've set the (very conservative) goal of getting through CoP and doing some BLM solo stuff at 75... curious to see if I'll get sucked into endgame content again. Depends on the server community I suppose!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Televisio Frankus
Jun 8, 2010
I didn't quit so much as my computer died and I haven't been able to replace it. I do want to come back eventually, though.

boho
Oct 4, 2011

on fire and loving it
How's population, especially on the low end? I'm trying to get my brother to play FF11 for the first time - we're both huge Project 99/classic EQ fans and while I've discovered FF11, he hasn't.

PrinnySquad
Sep 20, 2008

It really isn't that complicated.
Server is definitely more top heavy these days, but still have parties forming at all levels, and I see plenty of shouts for low'ish mission progression. At the time of this post there's 1775 people online, and usually about 2k people on each day.

In the past month or so I (finally) leveled NIN up to 37 and was still finding competition at camps in the 20s.

RazeChildren
Apr 27, 2003
I've had no problems finding exp parties at low levels. Party quality is slightly higher on average than what I experienced in 75-era retail, which is nice. There seem to be a lot of shouts for early CoP missions, and there are plenty of friendly people on the server who are willing to help with content.

Aisar
Mar 20, 2006

Don't look at the Batman. The Batman will steal your soul.
you can absolutely easily still level, im leveling my 4th job right now and it's pretty easy. save yourself some heartache though and just solo your way to 30ish unless you're leveling something terrible to solo with like black mage

edit:
1-10 w/e ron > 10-13/14 goblin/sheep in the northeast in eron > 13/14-17 la theine roaming > 17-19 la theine north central lakeish area circuits > 19-22/23 king ranperre's the worms just past the weird hedge maze > 22/23 - 26ish carpenter's landing via north sandy > 26ish probably the little nook north of the bubu op to 31ish > move onto the beach to around 33ish? > at 33 ur ready to go to garliage and party with actual other humans. the starter stuff can be adjusted for your starting city and obviously you can hop off at any point or just keep your flag up but tbh unless you're confident your party is doing 7k+ a hr it's probably not worth the effort

Aisar fucked around with this message at 16:41 on Sep 25, 2023

boho
Oct 4, 2011

on fire and loving it
Yeah I have no clue what I want to play at this point. On Live I mostly did RUN and melee RDM, but here meleeing as RDM is strictly verboten and I don’t have Trusts to enable me to ignore the demands of the grouping meta.

Aisar
Mar 20, 2006

Don't look at the Batman. The Batman will steal your soul.
if you wanna play a melee that can cast, dark knight is very useful even if it isn't the highest damage at the end. run ain't in yet and is probably gonna have to be radically changed/nerfed if they wanna make it remotely balanced for 75 content. if you wanna be effortlessly overpowered as a melee drg is the choice, mnk requires a bunch of extra quests to get to the overpowered god status (and they're definitely gonna get nerfed soonish) but they're busted, maybe that extra work is a plus for you tho. otherwise the jobs are all pretty balanced except maybe bst which is in an awkward spot and will be apparently really different next patch and samurai which is underpowered right now but they've been promised buffs in the next patch.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

I started playing again the other day but I mostly just sit in Windurst Woods and craft. Almost 80 bonecraft :cheers: Probably going to stall out at 82 or so until they add ToAU and some more sane recipes start showing up in that range.

Xeras
Oct 11, 2004

Only a few find the way, some don't recognize it when they do - some... don't ever want to.
Does anyone have a social LS they recommend? Something fairly active?

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon
Anyone still playing this?

Xeras
Oct 11, 2004

Only a few find the way, some don't recognize it when they do - some... don't ever want to.

Lieutenant Centaur posted:

Anyone still playing this?

It’s a very active server but I don’t know of a goon presence

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
When two separate social groups reached out to me around the same time to give it a shot, I begrudgingly accepted. I'm playing, it's fine right now. Just waiting to hit a wall.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

I got tired of it when I realized I didn't want to engage with any part of the game that wasn't sitting in Windurst and crafting at the AH, so when that became tedious to me I gave up. Doesn't help that most items are completely pointless to craft for profit on this server due to volume and undercutting. You're better off farming drops. I am proud that I managed to nearly get to 90 bonecraft and cleaned out most of the GP items.

Orty
May 14, 2007

I have no clue why but I started playing recently just for the nostalgia hit. Been soloing as a THF at level 12 so far. Aiming to main Bard if I make it that far.

Been a bit fun but also difficult scrounging up gil for gear and dealing with killing things without any sub job bonuses.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Orty posted:

I have no clue why but I started playing recently just for the nostalgia hit. Been soloing as a THF at level 12 so far. Aiming to main Bard if I make it that far.

Been a bit fun but also difficult scrounging up gil for gear and dealing with killing things without any sub job bonuses.

Honestly if you want some gil to start out I'm not playing anymore and I have about 300k banked so I could throw like 50k your way.

Orty
May 14, 2007

Kongming posted:

Honestly if you want some gil to start out I'm not playing anymore and I have about 300k banked so I could throw like 50k your way.

That would help out quite a bit, I'm somewhat making do so far. Just wouldn't want them to flag for RMT which not sure why they would on such a small amount.

wereboat
Jun 23, 2011
I hit a wall on a mid 60s DRK. Felt like I needed money to stay competitive and I've always been garbage at MMO economy. Had a good time while it lasted.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Orty posted:

That would help out quite a bit, I'm somewhat making do so far. Just wouldn't want them to flag for RMT which not sure why they would on such a small amount.

Give me your character name and I can either dbox it to you or trade with you in person, I can get to any city reasonably quickly since I have most OP warps and an airship pass.

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon

wereboat posted:

I hit a wall on a mid 60s DRK. Felt like I needed money to stay competitive and I've always been garbage at MMO economy. Had a good time while it lasted.

Yeah, same with BRD. I loved this game up until the spot where every 5 levels you have to do a fetch quest. I couldn't find anyone else who needed to do it or wanted to help and lost interest with it over a week and never logged back in.

Just started thinking about it last night when I beat Mario RPG on Switch and have nothing to play currently.

Orty
May 14, 2007

Kongming posted:

Give me your character name and I can either dbox it to you or trade with you in person, I can get to any city reasonably quickly since I have most OP warps and an airship pass.

Rizlona if you want to dbox it. Really appreciate the bump to help out getting started!

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Orty posted:

Rizlona if you want to dbox it. Really appreciate the bump to help out getting started!

It's sent. Figures I chose to log out in the middle of Giddeus when I quit...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PrinnySquad
Sep 20, 2008

It really isn't that complicated.
I've mostly been raid logging because of long COVID and the slew of other games coming out lately. But if any fresh meat need help with whatever I'm still playing as Doctorwizard.