Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fangthane
May 16, 2007
Be true, Unbeliever.
I tried to do San d'oria 1-3 last night but it bugged out and locked me in the arena without giving me credit. I had to stand around for the unstuck command to warp me out. Otherwise having a good time with the server.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fangthane
May 16, 2007
Be true, Unbeliever.
I'm in as Dathom, 44 DRK/22SAM. Was /WAR subjob but I wanted a little change of pace and it's been pretty alright. I'm poor as hell so I'm always looking to make a gil somewhere. Which leads into my advice of picking up fishing at 15. I read some garbage advice about it being expensive or whatever and it's just not. Grab a bamboo pole for 500 gil and a stack of little worms for like 400gil and you're good. Moat carps are a pretty solid 2.5k a stack and you can fund yourself for a long time fishing in and around the starter cities. I didn't do this, and I'm paying for it now that the crystal market crashed. Also, after selling your first stack of carp, buy a stack of insect paste for bait that isolates carp from crayfish.

Anyway if anyone wants to do something sometime or needs a DD for a group look me up. I'm playing most days.

Fangthane
May 16, 2007
Be true, Unbeliever.
Not terribly long. I hear some ARPG beta opens today so might have smaller numbers on the server for the weekend too.

Re: Promys. I also need to do these. I am a grade -A newbie in FF11 and anything after getting my chocobo license has been a research project. So I really don't know much about them except they require special consumables that you need drops to make which can be bought but alas I am poor so I thought I'd have a hell of a time getting them done. I'd be down for this weekend if something kicks off though! I also need to grab a linkpearl soon. Been putting it off.

Fangthane
May 16, 2007
Be true, Unbeliever.
If you're some kind of wacky extrovert, I understand a great way to make some fast gil is forming mining alliances. You go to the mines north of Bastok and get 18 buddies to take a node or two each. When you mine a node, it repops instantly elsewhere. By making a group you cut the travel time to 0 and just bounce nodes between each other. Everyone wins, but you need to invest in the mining gear to make it worth while and cut down on picks breaking. I am personally not an extrovert so I just sit and fish until my inventory is full for the auction house then go to bed.

Fangthane
May 16, 2007
Be true, Unbeliever.
Just had another dude tell me "no /nin for a DRK is understandable". I was talking about it in the linkshell earlier but it just makes very little sense compared to leaning into my strengths. The bonus to survival can be compensated for with third eye and some awareness of aggro (which means I have to pull my punches but whatever). It just seems silly that this minority of people is saying this is the way when every guide and advice I've ever read says differently. I'll stay the course and if it costs me a group here and there so be it. There will be others.

Fangthane
May 16, 2007
Be true, Unbeliever.
I didn't start buying sushi until just recently, and even then I don't buy "the good stuff" and just use squid. It's an easy 10-13k a stack depending on AH fluctuation so not having it at your level is understandable. I used meat mithkabobs for a long time until my fishing skill got high enough to make regular sushi obtainable. Kong is right though about the jerky. it's really cheap, vendor purchased, and will cause an uptick in your damage.

In terms of gear, I think it was my first sync party where I had no gear. I sold it all after getting to 16 or 20 or something and only had an axe after the sync. The party laughed at me, but we carried on like normal and it was fine. Find a gil grind you like, save your gil, upgrade your stuff as you can. Use your conquest points to fill in holes or to sell on the AH if you're not planning to use them for other things.

Fangthane
May 16, 2007
Be true, Unbeliever.
Easter event is going on. Did my work to get the range slot eggs and could not be arsed to do the rest of it. Had a crisis moment where I felt bad working on SMN/WHM when my DRK still needed to be leveled. But hell it's a video game. Just have fun.

Fangthane
May 16, 2007
Be true, Unbeliever.
I'll run AA anytime. Drop me a line on dathom. I'm sitting on about 350 seals that I need to do something with. I also was looking at running a KSNM sometime to try and get a gravedigger scythe if anyone else is looking to get a weapon skill points weapon.

Fangthane
May 16, 2007
Be true, Unbeliever.
I need all of those as well. hard to get a group together for the 3 mans as DRK. everyone wants RDM/RST/SMN.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fangthane
May 16, 2007
Be true, Unbeliever.
I'm sure you could also watch youtube compilations too if you're ok with that. I've done it for a few because the expectation seems to be to mash buttons through the cut-scenes so the party can move on.

Made it to 75 DRK. I don't feel like going through the process of trying to get into merit parties so I swapped over to the summoner. It's been pretty good so far though at these levels I find myself doing the "I don't know what I should be doing right now" dance. Later I understand you pretty much just open/close skill chains and maintain buffs but at these low levels there seems to be a lot more gaps where...I guess I just let my pet wail on the mob too?