Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PrinnySquad
Sep 20, 2008

It really isn't that complicated.
Been playing this for a bit as Doctorwizard, about to have to do genkai 1 as RDM and wallow in not being able to afford any NQ elemental staves atm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PrinnySquad
Sep 20, 2008

Rynoto posted:

Need to get enough goons at 60 for BCNM profit sharing runs. Getting ore drops for beads is still such huge money right now.

Would definitely be down for some manner of BCNM profit sharing just to fund spells at the very least.

PrinnySquad
Sep 20, 2008

Any of you new folks coming in need help with sub job items or something just hmu and I'll get ya sorted.

PrinnySquad
Sep 20, 2008

That or even just a small Discord if we wanted to schedule missions, BCNMs etc. or both.

PrinnySquad
Sep 20, 2008

Gorson posted:

Haven't partied yet, please tell me people skillchain and MB on this server :pray:

Magic Bursts have been heavily buffed on this server so people really go for it.

PrinnySquad
Sep 20, 2008

AbsolutePedantry

Salvage when?

OrdelleNumismatists

Fish Coin TM
alternatively, Sole Coin TM

Mjolnir WHMs Only

Now in HD

Gob Squad

PrinnySquad
Sep 20, 2008

Freakazoid_ posted:

How's the class balance on this server? Any particularly good or bad classes or class combos?

Most notable big things

-Utsu recast increased, NIN gets an active trait that reduces Utsu recast and increases threat gained. They've stated they want to mitigate the everyone just being /NIN for all content, but can't say they've been terribly successful so far. Utsu is just stupidly strong.
-THF got hella buffed, SATA is stronger, dagger TP moves are insanely stronger, Triple Attack is now a trait at 30 (which opens up more /THF options), and Wasp Sting is (still?) busted in that it hits harder than Viper Bite. Thief Knife's +1 TH was moved to a neckpiece that you do a quest for so you don't have to constantly offhand a mediocre dagger at 75 to boot.
-RDM got slapped on the wrist with Refresh being slightly more expensive and Convert having its CD increased 33% so you can't just be an infinite MP machine in XP parties. But RDM is still RDM so.. very good.
-Magic Bursts were heavily buffed and people don't XP on Colibri with TOAU not out so BLM is in a great spot.
-SMN was buffed and received a number of new toys (AoE refresh on Leviathan Ward?!)
-PLD got solid club skill so now it can spam Moon/Starlight in XP parties for more MP.
-As previously noted, BST is insanely good atm.

Nothing that fully changes the entire dynamics of the game, but you can definitely see them trying to kick old metas down to balance things out, for better or worse.

PrinnySquad fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Mar 9, 2023

PrinnySquad
Sep 20, 2008

IMO they made Sandy and Ronfuare MUCH more tolerable, but yeah it's been hit or miss with the custom music. The music they added to zones that previously had none (like SSG) is pretty nice.

Also man, was in a double SMN party on my BLM, and then was one of the SMNs in a double SMN party and the self SMN SC damage with SMN buffs on top of the magic burst buffs are pretty silly. Just vaporizing 60-70% of an IT in an instant. You know, definitely era accurate experiences.

https://i.imgur.com/CDHneep.mp4

PrinnySquad fucked around with this message at 15:42 on Mar 15, 2023

PrinnySquad
Sep 20, 2008

I do need to do my Promies still, RDM and WHM are good for it with BLM and SMN soon to be good for it. My WAR is technically leveled but I sold the majority of that gear as I only leveled it for sub job shenanigans.

PrinnySquad
Sep 20, 2008

My Saturday is booked, but Sunday I have time.

PrinnySquad
Sep 20, 2008

Gorson posted:

We are tentatively planning some hot hot promy action today, if you have any interest in this message me, Revanchism, or Doctorwizard.

People are saying either Gust Slash or Wasp Sting are best now but I've been getting the best results with Viper:

0/1:

I think Wasp was initially better and might've been patched, and now people just keep saying Wasp is better than Viper even though it really doesn't seem to be the case anymore.

Also my BLM is now lv 30+ so can RDM WHM or BLM for Promies. Albeit I don't think RDM is terribly useful at 30 over BLM or WHM, I guess it has Gravity.

PrinnySquad
Sep 20, 2008

I said it before and I'll say it again, SMN + SC/MB buffs are incredibly silly.

https://i.imgur.com/a2rFrLX.mp4

PrinnySquad
Sep 20, 2008

HXUI is fantastic and I highly recommend it.

On the topic of mods, if anyone knows of something like Tickle, but for Ashita, that's the main thing I'm missing right now.

PrinnySquad fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Mar 20, 2023

PrinnySquad
Sep 20, 2008

Tyshalob posted:

I don't suppose this works with Windower or is it Ashita only?

HXUI is Ashita v4 only as far as I know.

PrinnySquad
Sep 20, 2008

And here I've been just shouting for a LB1 group like a fool.

PrinnySquad
Sep 20, 2008

I was able to assemble a crack team tonight and through 500 black screens on loading out of Jeuno we got the job done.

PrinnySquad
Sep 20, 2008

r0rb posted:

Anyone have any gil making tips? I just started playing this game for the first time last weekend, and have leveled rdm up to 30, but these spell costs are breaking me. I have been fishing up moat carp which gets around 30k in 2 hours or so but that doesn't last long, and my gear is falling behind because of spell scroll costs.

If you're looking for an immediate cash infusion, non repeatable quest rewards tend to sell pretty well. Warp 1/2 and Teleport scrolls, RSE, Aspir etc. Of course that means you'll either need to buy them for yourself later if you intend on using them. But with sneak/invis it's one way to keep your momentum by doing fairly trivial quests for stuff you only might need later. Patient fishing will be serviceable and generally more advisable in the long run though.

PrinnySquad
Sep 20, 2008

I think Horizon's market is still overall trending to things getting cheaper phase, just watching how things like Aspir and Warp II have trended for the past 3 months, haven't really watched NIN scrolls though. It's always a bit of a gamble when you're working with non liquid assets though. But even then, if costs of goods do go up, your ability to sell goods and make profit also goes up, and you open up more money making opportunities the higher level you get. Getting through a hump now and just getting to like, 50/60 opens up a lot more BCNM and farming opportunities. Even a RDM / 15 THF can go slap around elementals for clusters, farm Zitah bat blood, or just run like UO/ODS, opening up more fun activities to do earlier might also just have a lot better game feel. Seed money to get digging up, or just some mog house gardening can also start paying dividends if you're lucky.

Also as RDM starting out, I wouldn't stress getting every spell. Like Dispel is huge, but you don't need every T2 nuke to get along in parties etc.

PrinnySquad
Sep 20, 2008

Sell while things are expensive and hope prices go down if you have to rebuy it. Gamble that gil baybee.

PrinnySquad
Sep 20, 2008

r0rb posted:

Thanks for the lengthy reply. I've started leveling bst and made about 30k just off of crawlers in Sarutabaruta and the canyon on my way to 15 so that was a nice surprise.

BST is pretty solid for all manner of money making in normal era times, and is buffed to high hell on Horizon, so good choice

PrinnySquad
Sep 20, 2008

Lieutenant Centaur posted:

day 1 withdrawl, maybe I should re-download

:hehe:

I started in January and don't even have LB2 done yet, if you're fine with the speed of your progress, just enjoy the slow ride.

PrinnySquad
Sep 20, 2008

I mean if they were talking about like.. Dynamis or a meripo without a tank there might be an expectation of all the DD going /NIN.. but in a normal rear end leveling party? :magemage:

That said, I do remember doing Lesser/regular Colibri parties with DRKs vaguely recently on Eden, and having them pop Last Resort, Souleater, do a multi hit WS then immediately die to Pecking Flurry and an auto going through Third Eye and like... it was not even remotely a one time occurrence, don't do that.

Gorson posted:

If you're paying attention to and managing your own hate level you are way way beyond the effort most damage dealers put into the game. Just ignore the gripers and subjob consultants and if it gets to be too much just ask for a replacement. I'd much rather play with players who are friendly and putting some effort in over a Type A who is looking to maximize xp at the cost of people's stress level.

I left a random LS I got an invite to early on at the start of the server, was a group of people from Nas with some very weird and strongly held opinions about things and it was nowhere near worth the exhaustive effort to even attempt to talk to them. From the guy who said he refuses to heal any "blood tanks" at any level of content, to just the vast amount of THINGS WORK LIKE THIS and just, not on retail, and not on this server, only on Nas, and their weird refusal to accept that Horizon has custom rules for certain things.

"They wouldn't DARE nerf RDM"
"Bro they already did, Convert's CD is-"
"They wouldn't DARE nerf RDM"

Dealing with loud "veterans" makes the game way less fun, receptive newbies are much more enjoyable at all levels of play.

PrinnySquad
Sep 20, 2008

Casual reminder that the Riverne Sites are some of the comfiest zones in the game.

bird. posted:

Wait is there a goon community now for this game I can play w/? I got thief up to about as far as you could go singleplayer but struggled to find other players

Depending on your level, I have a very low level SAM and slightly less low SMN who I'm slowly raising up.

PrinnySquad
Sep 20, 2008

Kongming posted:

I mean ideally you should have a TP set that prioritizes haste/accuracy and a WS set that prioritizes damage stats. That's kind of how the game works. Gearswap (or whatever the ashita equivalent is called) is packaged in the launcher even. I'm not saying you need a full set of each but at least swap between accuracy rings and strength rings or something.

Very much this.

Something to note as well is that the first hit of a weapon skill gets a pretty nice bump in accuracy and damage, so single hit WS generally need little to no accuracy in the gear set, while something that's multi hit greatly benefits from additional accuracy and such as trying to get every hit of the WS to land is where you'll get the most bang for your buck. Sneak Attack also guarantees the first hit of a WS to land (and critical for main job THF), so depending on what you're doing, more reason to have a fully stacked attack WS gear set.

PrinnySquad
Sep 20, 2008

As a healer, 8/10 parties I'm in are way too slow on SATA on pull strats and make it just a net loss, especially bad when there's a PLD waiting to spam the poo poo out of Flash. It works great when it works, and at least in retail SATA was pretty key for anyone trying to hold hate on a large boss, but man I don't look forward to parties trying to do it on every pull. Just open for the THF to close with a SATA WS, people rarely gently caress that up these days.

A cheap attack food is going to serve you so a ton even in like Dunes/Bubu parties, just a few hundred gil for hours of very noticeably better performance.

PrinnySquad fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Apr 4, 2023

PrinnySquad
Sep 20, 2008

If you're ever not sure about food, this historical wiki page should have everything in CoP era:

https://ffxiclopedia.fandom.com/wiki/Food_Effects?oldid=173464

PrinnySquad
Sep 20, 2008

Carmant posted:

So apparently version "1.1" is coming very soon. Is anything known about what's in it?

>Fixed a bug where sometimes a mob would live after being hit with a Sneak Attack Wasp Sting

PrinnySquad
Sep 20, 2008

Organized a Castle O coffer key run that slowly kept adding more people until we had an alliance mauling things. 5 RDM, 2 BRD and a MNK trying get his testimony, got a key and/or testimony for everyone.

PrinnySquad
Sep 20, 2008

Anyone else interested in coordinating some Amphibian Assault runs?

PrinnySquad fucked around with this message at 15:45 on Apr 12, 2023

PrinnySquad
Sep 20, 2008

All very good reasons to coordinate with goons if possible if anyone is looking to burn seals for profit.

PrinnySquad
Sep 20, 2008

Gorson posted:

I would looove to but going 1/8 on PP, 0/4 on flies (had to pay a caster in the party for their pin drop since I didn't want to keep running it and blowing seals) and 0/4 on UO has destroyed a once proud seal empire.

1/8 on PP isn't too bad based on what I've heard from others!

PrinnySquad
Sep 20, 2008

Between the big 3 items people go for (leaping boots, emperor hairpin and pcc) on most melee characters, PCC is by far the one that actually gets used the most / longest. 10 acc on your neck enables you to more easily do things like leave your Raja's on for multi hit WS and is very nice. Honestly something I'd probably use on a melee most of the time regardless until we get Chivvy Chains in TOAU (also in TOAU, BLU LOVES having a PCC.)

PrinnySquad
Sep 20, 2008

Rynoto posted:

The screeching about the removal of bestial loyalty is incredible. It's not even a huge nerf while the 75 popular jug pet getting nerfed is at least more substantial. Like oh no they'll actually have to use charm, or pay for jugs.

Can't believe the devs completely destroyed BST with this patch, job completely unplayable now, garbage server.
>logs in to 75 BST character and continues to solo high level NMs with ease due to jug scaling

PrinnySquad
Sep 20, 2008

Jazerus posted:

it's pretty cool that they're leaning into the ninja focus on shadows to make their new 2 hour "be naruto for 30 seconds"

New NIN 2 hour, Gil Toss.

I wonder if all duplicate casts can magic burst independently...

PrinnySquad
Sep 20, 2008

Watch people kite lizards for an hour from outside the arena so you can go inside and kite a lizard once and repeat :shepface:

PrinnySquad
Sep 20, 2008

Yeah Petrifying Pair and Wings of Fury are both at the hut, which is why it's so drat packed all the time.

PrinnySquad
Sep 20, 2008

Clam diggers rise up.

PrinnySquad
Sep 20, 2008

If you're someone with a more limited playtime, like myself, I'd recommend:

⦾ Fishing - Low level fishing for carps, and then frogs doesn't take too much investment to get into, and will easily make enough to ensure you can always cover party food, warps etc. And then if you put more time into it, you can rack up a fair amount of gil.
⦾ BCNMs - Assuming you're leveling jobs, you're gonna have beast seals, and putting them to use is both fun and can be fairly profitable. Also you spend maybe 1-2 hours to run with a party through a set and then you're free to do whatever.
⦾ Gardening - Growing plants in your mog house is about as low effort as it gets, just have to be sure to check on them on the daily so they don't die. But as with anything else low effort, the rewards are also low.

The big money makers are all gonna require a lot more time to get into it, which is no surprise. But you can still get by pretty well even if you're strapped for time.

PrinnySquad
Sep 20, 2008

Gorson posted:

My PCA dropped on the 7th run, pretty merciful all things considered.

Grats, I've just been plugging all my seals away into AA runs, up to 3 elemental staves so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PrinnySquad
Sep 20, 2008

Finally got ZM4 done last night. Group was all newbies who had never done it before. Took an hour to get everyone through to the door of the fight, which we cleared in just a few minutes. Everyone was very thankful for guiding them through and made some server buddies :3: