Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon

Tanners posted:

In as Tanners obviously, I’ll add any names yall post

Hopping in as Jenzar, WHM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

I forgot how brutal this was. Fight a worm, rest 2 mins, fight a worm, rest 2 mins

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

Rynoto posted:

Go for low xp mobs that don't require much rest in between instead.

Better yet, if you have a lv1 mob in your starting area that drops wind crystals level to 10 solely off that for a good 10k or so in gil. Fire crystals aren't as good but still decent money too. Doing that will set you up for getting scrolls/gear needed to do the 12-19 grind at least.

I'm in Bastok grinding bees, worms, vultures and bats...is it better to AH crystals or sell to vendors?

Anyone can hit me up in game if you're around Bastok

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

Rynoto posted:

Need to get enough goons at 60 for BCNM profit sharing runs. Getting ore drops for beads is still such huge money right now.

Hit 12 last night, i'm trying my best! haha

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

PrinnySquad posted:

Any of you new folks coming in need help with sub job items or something just hmu and I'll get ya sorted.

Ill take you up on this. Do we want to try and throw a LS together?

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

Yeah, we should throw a shell together. There seems to be 10-12 of us so it would be nice!

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

That part doesn't really matter, I mean it's a free private server so I don't care what it is haha..

GoonsFTW

NotBots

I"m not good at this

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

How long does the server maintenance last

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

PrinnySquad posted:

I said it before and I'll say it again, SMN + SC/MB buffs are incredibly silly.

https://i.imgur.com/a2rFrLX.mp4

what are all those addons?

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

I know you're fishing but I was having the same trouble, but quickly in 3ish weeks went from about 500 gil to about 171k. It really was the best way to do it even though I scaled back on leveling and just fished for 2-3 hours a day for a week

Unfortunately, I called it quits today as I can't really devote any more time or energy to the game and I'm too old for the grind. Join the goon LS, Gweenz and Revanchism are really cool dudes who will help out if you need anything. Gonna miss playing with you guys but the last month has been awesome. Kill those mobs and happy leveling!

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

day 1 withdrawl, maybe I should re-download

:hehe:

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

Jazerus posted:

i went all in on crafting and eventually made a lot of money that way, but it also burnt me out so hard i'm taking a month or two off. so ymmv on that one. it's pretty trivial to make cash with crafting if you've ever been a market guy on EVE and are willing to occasionally update a spreadsheet with raw material prices, as the FFXI market is very irrational and the limited price history interface favors crafters who have a consistent idea of how much an item costs to make vs buyers who don't

This is what happened to me except with fishing. I should have just taken a month off instead of shipping all my poo poo to Gweenz and saying I quit.

Maybe I should reinstall lol

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

PrinnySquad posted:

All very good reasons to coordinate with goons if possible if anyone is looking to burn seals for profit.

What's the minimum level? Never did a BCNM but willing to if I can help

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

...imagine playing a melee class

haha

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

Can anyone log in?

I keep getting error FFXI-3321 characters parameters are invalid

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

Edit: we good now

Lieutenant Centaur fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Apr 20, 2023

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

Rynoto posted:

Yeah. From 20~50 you're either bursting with another SMN for BLM burns or just doing DPS/pulling. After that you should have most of the important buffs and can also do bursts for WHM burns or buff for normal parties.

I need to actually play more. Stalled out for a while and have barely been around more than an hour every few days. Everything always takes too much time.

Send me your gil when you quit ;P

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

"A few hundred thousand" 🤣

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

I was PM'img a few people but I'll just make a post.

Anyone who is still active and lurking if you're not in the LS and would like to join us let me know :)

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

Gorson posted:

I've been in a crafting hole, this is my first time really getting into crafting in this game (other than cooking) and I've found it addictive. I've got WW at 60, Alch at 56, Gold 41, leather 35, smith 31, etc. Haven't decided which of those I'll take past 60, but I can make (some) money just by scrounging the AH for low priced mats and crafting them into consumables with a little markup. Still, mining has been my bread and butter. With iron ore stacks holding at 9-10k you can semi-afk yourself to a big chunk of gil, and by getting GS and BS up to 20ish can craft profitable ingots.

Don't give me ANOTHER thing to do in this game, haha

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

After just hitting 60 and not playing for about a week I'm having trouble finding the motivation to keep going.

LB3 seems like such a chore

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

drat it, getting that itch again. How many peeps are still in the goon LS?

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

PrinnySquad posted:

If you haven't gotten your sub job items yet we can smash that out easily.

Uhhh not sure if there's anyone other than me, but given the pearl limitations, could be more in the shadows, also like me.

If any goons are interested I slapped together a quick Discord, easier to coordinate helping people out with poo poo.
https://discord.gg/DdW3Ujqe

Did Freakazoid and Gweenz throw in the towel too?

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

Anyone still playing this?

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

wereboat posted:

I hit a wall on a mid 60s DRK. Felt like I needed money to stay competitive and I've always been garbage at MMO economy. Had a good time while it lasted.

Yeah, same with BRD. I loved this game up until the spot where every 5 levels you have to do a fetch quest. I couldn't find anyone else who needed to do it or wanted to help and lost interest with it over a week and never logged back in.

Just started thinking about it last night when I beat Mario RPG on Switch and have nothing to play currently.

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

gently caress, I reinstalled this and I'm fishing elshimo frogs in Yhoat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

Kongming posted:

I started playing with a friend again shortly after I last posted in this thread lol

You may find me fishing all day while I watch old MST3K episodes. Only 3520 moat carp until Lu Shang's!

Do you have a pearl? I think our goon one is dead and I wanna play with peeps. Hit me up in game @ Jenzar