Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Helluva
Feb 7, 2011

What difference does the nation make for characters if any?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Helluva
Feb 7, 2011

Gorson posted:

Bastok is easiest to get around. Windurst is very spread out and a pain to get around the city, but the main reason to not roll Windurst is they never win conquest (because the vast majority choose SanD/Bastok). This matters because the main form of travel is warping from a city to an Outpost, and you can't warp to an outpost until your city controls it and you do a supplies quest to that outpost. It's also much easier to get fame with Bastok and Sandoria. I wouldn't recommend Windurst unless you are nostalgic for it or you just really like the aesthetic.

Started with the Hume City, I'm having some hard time navigating based on the map but so far it seems challenging and sweet. I only played FFXIV so it's my first time trying it.

So far I am doing the quests and exploring the world, any tips for a starter?