Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Treadmill? What's that? Is that some kind of cake?

sevenflow posted:

Unfortunately I'll be missing the first few days but am looking forward to my new life fighting rabbits in Ronfaure on day 4.

It's gonna be much better in a few days when the starting areas aren't completely slammed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

sevenflow posted:

Any consensus on when to group up here? Thought 12 but seems like soloing is significantly faster until at least 15, maybe more.

With the rebalanced XP rings getting to 15 solo is pretty drat easy on most jobs. Maybe WHM still sucks to solo past 10 though.

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Trying to get subjob items is really funny right now. Full alliances wiping to a single bogy. Legit harder than the Shadow Lord fight.

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

So they reduced the spawn rate for Bogy's in Buburimu, but something went wrong so right now Bogy's are spawning with the Goblin dat and Goblin loot table. So RIP anyone trying to get their subjob until whenever they fix that lol.

Server has been mostly stable.. but they do seem to majorly break something every time they adjust anything at all. Maybe that's how all servers are at the beginning though.

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Pop is still over 4k primetime. Kind of crazy I figured it would die down at least a bit.

Utilizing a lot of exp camps I never would have on Eden because of the level sync range and the fact that all the usual zones are super congested.

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Almost 5k online now.. kind of ridiculous. And the servers absolutely can't handle it. They are working on improving the login servers apparently but I dunno. This server is going to have to shed a few thousand people to be playable I think.

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Jazerus posted:

the discord is full of incredibly annoying people both pro and anti dev. i'd hope we could keep discussion in this thread above the bare minimum of horizonchat discord, frankly. i don't know anything about them personally but they've done a pretty good job fixing the technical problems. if they're lovely people then that sucks.

anyway how's everyone doing? i'm taking a big break from leveling to get cooking leveled while ingredients are still very cheap. seems reasonably profitable so far

Sitting in Gusgen Mines all day making money towards no particular purpose. Don't even know what job I want to level.

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Job unlock quests all seem to give a bit of mog wardrobe (5 each). So there's a reason to do those even for jobs you don't plan on leveling.

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Kortel posted:

Kinda sucks that people are focusing on level sync as a primary means of leveling. Was soloing in Bubu and level 36s at least we're syncd down to 20s.

I think you get a pretty significant penalty to exp as you go past a 10 level sync. It's not like Eden where you can sit in one place from level 15-75. I think the sync range on here is great. It keeps you moving but also gives you plenty of options.

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Tbh I think Eden is a higher quality server with a more stable seeming team. I liked their super detailed patch notes. But the population is super top heavy and I can't see them drawing in many new players now (unless Horizon implodes somehow).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

So apparently version "1.1" is coming very soon. Is anything known about what's in it?