Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
is there an actual complete list of job changes available? the wiki is just a bunch of "?" spots and while the overviews on the site are nice I'd rather just know specifics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Countblanc posted:

is there an actual complete list of job changes available? the wiki is just a bunch of "?" spots and while the overviews on the site are nice I'd rather just know specifics.

To answer my own question, they specifically aren't sharing this info and aren't allowing people to share datamined info

Does anyone have any good starter guides? like everyone else I played like 20 years ago and have basically forgotten everything in terms of like, what NPCs I should talk to in Bastok to unlock basic functionality or w/e

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

SettingSun posted:

This philosophy makes no sense in 2022. This info will get out within a week whether the devs like it or not. I understand their want to recapture the spirit of discovery people miss in the old school mmos but come on.

I mostly agree, though I think it's easier to keep that kind of thing under wraps in a private server environment than it would be for Gaming at large - the population who sign up for a private server for a 4000 year old game which bills itself specifically as trying to recapture a moment in time for us boomers is going to be more willing to play ball re: spoilers than most. I personally would like that info and I've seen people say in the discord that it's "not hard to find" (though ill be honest, I have no idea where on the internet I'd look for datamines for a fresh private ffxi server), but people seem to mostly be keeping their lips sealed so far.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Dumb question but what even is FFXI fishing? Back in the day I think my brain just brushed it off as "the thing bots did for carp and maybe something else", is it actually worth investigating?

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
The AH history has gotta be lying, no way in hell people are actually buying the Christmas food for 200-300 gil

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
I'm pretty sure there's just a setting in the in-game options, I didn't modify any files and was able to use the old OST