Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

I really did not think the post-Abramovic era would be the one where Chelsea breaks spending records.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

Thanks Ants posted:

Not sure what has gotten Arsenal's owners to open the wallets up but I am here for it

Could be a serious title run? Just spitballing here.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

I'm still refusing to believe so I'll just assume they found some cash in a box somewhere

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

KSE has said I believe they were not willing to really spend heavily until they were full ownership. From their other sports teams like the handegg rams they strike while the iron is hot. Can't see the league being this open for the next little while so gently caress it splash the cash.

Backdoor Delivery
Nov 15, 2004

one cool dude

2 Time TRP Sack Race Champion
Have Liverpool signed any midfielders yet?

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

Backdoor Delivery posted:

lmao. Of course not.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
The small club that people can’t stop talking about.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
https://twitter.com/smnllyd5/status/1620542145013878784?s=46&t=T052eyNHp8EfYbd8MSuSxQ

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

https://twitter.com/David_Ornstein/status/1620542911669764096

Boehly's crowning achievement. That's what, 600mil in half a year?

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

Backdoor Delivery posted:

James Milner is going to come out to play 180 minutes against Real Madrid looking like a Yorkshire Ric Flair in the heart of midfield

everything is fine, nothing to see here

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

This is bizarre, he was just about to join Atletico on loan.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Spurs were over their loan limit apparently so terminated him, he has signed for Atleti now.

Doctor Teeth
Sep 12, 2008

i don't know why but tagging turkish airlines in the tweet is funny to me

https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/status/1620543897570271232

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Lol until 2031

Backdoor Delivery
Nov 15, 2004

one cool dude

2 Time TRP Sack Race Champion
https://twitter.com/NFFC/status/1620561422051676160

No, Forest will not stop signing players

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

Doctor Teeth posted:

i don't know why but tagging turkish airlines in the tweet is funny to me

https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/status/1620543897570271232

https://twitter.com/jacobsben/status/1620564460502151173?s=46&t=UTDfmnaY1LjOKvpmQdAuEQ

Wonder who he’ll tag for the return flight

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
does he get to keep the shirt

Parity warning
Nov 1, 2009

3rd Place, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
Antonee Robinson, nicknamed Jedi,

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
lol this has been quite a deadline day

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

https://twitter.com/fabrizioromano/status/1620570164508119041

8 year contract lmao

McFlurry Fan #1
Dec 31, 2005

He can't kill me. I'm indestructible. Everybody knows that

Benfica paid 10m for him in the summer

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

McFlurry Fan #1 posted:

They cannot be allowed to keep doing this

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

McFlurry Fan #1 posted:

Nice bit of business that

Boehly needs to go full American and start offering 10+ year contracts

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
River Plate getting 1/4 I heard.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

They've spent nearly £600m this season which is £75m a season for the next 8 years and it's not like they're going to make a profit on many of these buys.

deletebeepbeepbeep
Nov 12, 2008

hadji murad posted:

River Plate getting 1/4 I heard.

Good on them, must have raked it in.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
fernandez has won the world cup but is he truly worth 1.06 jack grealishes?

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"
I think this is going to be a legendarily bad transfer period for Chelsea. They have spent an absolutely mind bogglingly large amount of cash on some exciting but unproven players, and anything other than total PL and CL dominance for the next few years is going to be considered a failure. There's also absolutely no way that Potter is going to lead them to the promised land, so in the next season or two they'll have to pay him off and get someone new in, who will presumably also want a bunch of new players.

It'll be fun to watch at least :downs:

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

The Perfect Element posted:

anything other than total PL and CL dominance for the next few years is going to be considered a failure.

Oh come the gently caress on. Pep has two squads of starters and can't "totally dominate the PL", let alone win the CL.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Chelsea’s finances will be in good shape with Arsenal fans pouring over how every pence is spent and making suggestions.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Chelsea looking at Everton's transfer strategy and going 'can we do this but with extra zeros'. advanced soccernomics

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
everton are fuuuuuuucked

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
well it was reported yesterday that usmanov has started legal proceedings to get himself taken off the UK sanctions list

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"

TheRat posted:

Oh come the gently caress on. Pep has two squads of starters and can't "totally dominate the PL", let alone win the CL.

When I say total dominance, I mean there or thereabouts in both competitions. At least a couple of titles though.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

the post-Roman era is off to a great start

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
looking at how much money they've lost on some of the players they sold this season is also eye-opening. Rudiger signed for €35m and left on a free. Batshuayi signed for €39m and left for 3.5. Jorginho signed for €57m and left for 12. Timo Werner signed for €53m and left for 20.

Wazzerphuk
Feb 9, 2001

Hating Chelsea before it was cool
Winner of the PWM POTM for September
Winner of the PWM POTM for January
Co-Winner of the PWM POTM for March
Looks like a great set of transfers, nicely rounded squad. Might want to look into a first-choice keeper at some point, and some backup for the full-backs

e: just checking my notes again and it appears that there were already players at the club before the summer. Can someone confirm?

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

vyelkin posted:

looking at how much money they've lost on some of the players they sold this season is also eye-opening. Rudiger signed for €35m and left on a free. Batshuayi signed for €39m and left for 3.5. Jorginho signed for €57m and left for 12. Timo Werner signed for €53m and left for 20.

There's a giant Lukaku-shaped hole in your list

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

Wazzerphuk posted:

Looks like a great set of transfers, nicely rounded squad. Might want to look into a first-choice keeper at some point, and some backup for the full-backs

e: just checking my notes again and it appears that there were already players at the club before the summer. Can someone confirm?

I've taken a look at the table OP and I do NOT think this can be confirmed easily

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

TheRat posted:

There's a giant Lukaku-shaped hole in your list

he's only on loan so he doesn't count yet