Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
didn't expect us to sign Gakpo and I was fully prepared to laugh at Man U overspending on this year's James Rodriguez, but now that it's happening I'm convinced Gakpo is the new Johan Cruyff

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi posted:

Lol wasn’t he a nailed-on ManU transfer like 2 weeks ago? I feel like all I heard during the WC was how he was on his way there.

they’re seeething

https://twitter.com/beardedgenius/status/1607493857234518024?s=46&t=duYMBbxnHvaKYyYza45mqg

an_mutt
Sep 29, 2010

I was,
I am,
and I remain a soldier!

Sworn to dedicate my heart and soul to the restoration of human kind!

I swear, "37m, rising to 50m" is the stock fee we've paid for every forward (except Darwin) since 2015.

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
That’s center midfield sorted out then :confuoot:

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

First word is Arsenal have made a €65 mil offer for Mykhailo Mudryk (reaching that with a whole bunch of club/player performance clauses). There were also questions about a social media post and signing the player in general, which Arteta responded to after the match by saying absolutely nothing.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi posted:

Lol wasn’t he a nailed-on ManU transfer like 2 weeks ago? I feel like all I heard during the WC was how he was on his way there.

Howard Nurse (original tier 1 Man Utd reporter) said like 2-3 weeks ago Man Utd weren't signing him. Romano said yesterday Man Utd were signing him.

TLDR: Another instance of Romano being a joke.

vyelkin posted:

didn't expect us to sign Gakpo and I was fully prepared to laugh at Man U overspending on this year's James Rodriguez, but now that it's happening I'm convinced Gakpo is the new Johan Cruyff

Honestly he's probably a good signing but he plays in a position where he'd compete with rashford/sancho/garnacho/elanga(heh) and what Man Utd really needs is a striker, which he is not.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

TheRat posted:

Honestly he's probably a good signing but he plays in a position where he'd compete with rashford/sancho/garnacho/elanga(heh) and what Man Utd really needs is a striker, which he is not.

Funny, then, that he also plays in a position where he'll compete with Liverpool's extensive list of wide forwards when what we really need is a midfielder. The perennial Bellingham rumours continue, though, which would be a great signing if they can pull it off.

UnderFreddy
Oct 9, 2012

GEGENPOSTING

i think gakpo is best either up front or behind the striker, so maybe he could work there.

with Diaz and Jota out for longer, he'll be nice to have out wide too

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

It's fine, United are going to sign Victor Osimhen from Napoli instead and everyone knows he's at least three times as good as Gakpo and is also an out and out striker.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Shrapnig posted:

It's fine, United are going to sign Victor Osimhen from Napoli instead and everyone knows he's at least three times as good as Gakpo and is also an out and out striker.

De Laurentiis probably would sell for an inflated price which would all but ensure that he is a flop.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Daley Blind terminated his contract at Ajax so if anyone needs a glacially slow left/center back/holding midfielder he's available.

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

me when The Club do another win

Shrapnig posted:

Daley Blind terminated his contract at Ajax so if anyone needs a glacially slow left/center back/holding midfielder he's available.

He'll be heading to his mate Overmars at Antwerp is the rumor here

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011

vyelkin posted:

not sure why this signing was necessary given the dire need for at least one improvement on central midfield

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

mila kunis posted:

not sure why this signing was necessary given the dire need for at least one improvement on central midfield

Klopp constantly talking up Bellingham makes me hopeful that it's a signing in addition to strengthening the midfield, but all the stuff I've read says Dortmund don't want to sell him in January so maybe they'll do that thing where they don't sign anybody because they have a specific target in mind who isn't available immediately.

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

We got Arthur mate, relax.

I do agree that Klopp really seems to be going out of his way to talk about Bellingham, when he very rarely talks about transfers at all. So he sounds pretty confident but summer is most likely.

It seems that Liverpool's going to need another new sporting director though. Michael Edwards' understudy has already announced he's leaving in the summer.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

The Bellingham thing is odd. He's going to cost twice of what Liverpool has ever paid for a player, and seems to want to go to Real Madrid

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
United fans will have to take solace in the fact that the Sancho deal will likely put young English stars off ‘he’s coming home!’ transfers for the next ten years, so they’ve hosed over everyone.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
“‘Paid over the odds for an English youngster from Borussia Dortmund who was meant to be talismanic but the system and management weren’t really suited to his playing style so it’s worked out horribly for everyone involved and we’ll lose him out of contract for free next summer’ you’ll never sing that”

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Leeds have made an offer to sign Max Wober, who ticks the 'plays for a red bull team' box and has scope for a future GLAD ALL WOBER headline when he scores against crystal palace. I don't think more defenders are what Leeds need at the moment but whatever, new toys for christmas sign him up

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
bellingham will go to city

pep will play him at left back and never win a champions league

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

I could've gone to Blatherwycke

Has anybody said Chodey Cackpoo yet?

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Congrats

c0burn
Sep 2, 2003

The KKKing
https://twitter.com/LFC/status/1608204174805667840?s=20&t=5xoecky01YdIsVok8jiZsw

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

What am I looking at

c0burn
Sep 2, 2003

The KKKing

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

What an odd clip

c0burn
Sep 2, 2003

The KKKing

TheRat posted:

What an odd clip

When van dijk signed he was pictured in front of a.christmas tree, also he's Dutch too. It's not that deep lol

Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

https://twitter.com/JanAageFjortoft/status/1608208590766067713

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

TheRat posted:

Howard Nurse (original tier 1 Man Utd reporter) said like 2-3 weeks ago Man Utd weren't signing him. Romano said yesterday Man Utd were signing him.

TLDR: Another instance of Romano being a joke.

Yeah, everything I've seen is that United weren't willing to table an offer, rather than the player choosing Liverpool (which he might have done anyway, in fairness). There'd be no reason for PSV not to try and push a bidding war if not.

Some scuttlebutt that ETH wanted him but the scouts and the directors weren't willing to put down that much money when they hadn't budgeted for it, which is making me do the Marge Simpson noise, but there's a fine fine line between being an ITK and being a peddler of unsourced Twitter bullshit.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

FullLeatherJacket posted:

Yeah, everything I've seen is that United weren't willing to table an offer, rather than the player choosing Liverpool (which he might have done anyway, in fairness). There'd be no reason for PSV not to try and push a bidding war if not.

Some scuttlebutt that ETH wanted him but the scouts and the directors weren't willing to put down that much money when they hadn't budgeted for it, which is making me do the Marge Simpson noise, but there's a fine fine line between being an ITK and being a peddler of unsourced Twitter bullshit.

The Guardian ran a story saying United don’t have any money for transfers while the Glazers are looking to sell, but it was all a bit vague so who knows. https://amp.theguardian.com/football/2022/dec/27/manchester-united-unlikely-to-sign-striker-permanently-in-january-window

Arsenal look primed to cave at the last minute for some Ukrainian child. Feels like old times :unsmith:

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

https://twitter.com/alarabiya_brk/status/1608877532866035714

This appears to mean Ronaldo has signed a 2 year contract with Al-Nasr

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Celtic signed yet ANOTHER kid from the J.League for cheap (reportedly the fee is <£1m) https://twitter.com/CelticFC/status/1608779996960624642?s=20&t=_niL4ZG6vKbO7nfLtHeywg

Ange Postecoglou's strategy of "I coached in Japan, there's quite a bit of talent there but for whatever reason the only clubs that have looked there for it are German", combined with the SFA's reportedly very loose approach to the work-permit process, has worked out pretty well I'd say

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

TheRat posted:

https://twitter.com/alarabiya_brk/status/1608877532866035714

This appears to mean Ronaldo has signed a 2 year contract with Al-Nasr

he looks thrilled about it, too

https://twitter.com/khubrani2030/status/1608880301270523904

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Haha what a way to end your career

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
isnt he getting something ridiculous like 200 million for that contract? i'd take it

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

mila kunis posted:

isnt he getting something ridiculous like 200 million for that contract? i'd take it

A measly 200 million dollars to absolutely humiliate yourself on the world stage while your main “rival” has completed his lifelong goal to be the greatest of all time.

Yeah, you might as well take the 200mil..

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
I thought it was 500m in total

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
wonder if he slagged off everyone at man u because he knew that offer was on the table if he could get out of his contract

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
i am certain cr7 will receive the quality service he couldnt get at manchester united from al-nasr, definitely wont have a strop