Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

https://twitter.com/lauriewhitwell/status/1610692199859064852

spicy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
How loving short is Mendes

Big Black Dick
Mar 20, 2009

that fuckwitted transfer really is the gift that keeps on giving

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

mendes is already rich af but still, lol

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Benfica's manager seems annoyed

quote:

Roger Schmidt: “We don't want to sell Enzo (...) he is only leaving for the clause. What Chelsea is doing disrespectful and I cannot accept what they are doing. They make the player crazy, pretend they can pay the clause and then negotiate.”

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
https://twitter.com/LUFC/status/1610773116489240576?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

Rip to one of my faves

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
https://twitter.com/richarjinho/status/1611021113580228608

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Mad that you can spend 35 million pounds on a player I, a guy who is at least on nodding terms with players in other countries, have literally never heard of

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

the sex ghost posted:

Mad that you can spend 35 million pounds on a player I, a guy who is at least on nodding terms with players in other countries, have literally never heard of

He's incredibly good and also 21 OP.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

karmicknight posted:

Hello Mr boehly welcome to the most troll-free forums on the web

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022
he's not that good, he's very prone to mistakes. another flop for chelsea i reckon

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

I wonder if anyone has told Potter yet

Mr Snips
Jan 9, 2009

nothing could ever go wrong with a seven and a half year contract

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Mr Snips posted:

nothing could ever go wrong with a seven and a half year contract

Out pops a smiling Alan Pardew

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

oh no no it's 4 year loan army contract + 3 and a half year actual Chelsea contract

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

karmicknight posted:

idk about this, his name's not Goodiashile is it?

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Excited to post 'badiashite' many times over the next 7 and a half years

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

the sex ghost posted:

Excited to post 'badiashite' many times over the next 7 and a half years

Big Vitesse fan?

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Waving my vitesse/royal antwerp/melbourne city scarf around my head

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Apparently the 7.5 years lets them amortize the fee over the long period and look less bad for FFP.

Which makes me wonder why teams don’t give arbitrarily long contracts and have some goofy clause saying either party can terminate the contract without penalty after [actual intended contract length]. That said I am not an FFP accountant so this might be very dumb.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

sebzilla posted:

idk about this, his name's not Goodiashile is it?

you know what, that is fair.

Rogue0071
Dec 8, 2009

Grey Hunter's next target.

Vegetable posted:

Apparently the 7.5 years lets them amortize the fee over the long period and look less bad for FFP.

Which makes me wonder why teams don’t give arbitrarily long contracts and have some goofy clause saying either party can terminate the contract without penalty after [actual intended contract length]. That said I am not an FFP accountant so this might be very dumb.

Rip off voidable years from the NFL.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Vegetable posted:

iirc the reason 5 years is the standard max contract length is because the Bosman rule means players can walk away after five years no matter what their contract says. I'm not sure whether that means the club can also cancel the contract after 5 years or not, but from a player's point of view a 7.5-year contract is basically a 5-year contract with a couple of optional extensions at the end.

ScooterMcTiny
Apr 7, 2004

vyelkin posted:

iirc the reason 5 years is the standard max contract length is because the Bosman rule means players can walk away after five years no matter what their contract says. I'm not sure whether that means the club can also cancel the contract after 5 years or not, but from a player's point of view a 7.5-year contract is basically a 5-year contract with a couple of optional extensions at the end.

Dangerous I know to pose a real question in a comedy forum, but does Brexit have any impact on Bosman rule in the UK? Quick google/wiki article leads me to believe this was an EU court ruling?

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

ScooterMcTiny posted:

Dangerous I know to pose a real question in a comedy forum, but does Brexit have any impact on Bosman rule in the UK? Quick google/wiki article leads me to believe this was an EU court ruling?

I've wondered the same thing in the past but so far I don't think anybody has tried to test it. I think somebody trying the poo poo they pulled on Bosman himself (not letting him join another club even though his contract had expired) wouldn't get past British courts even now that they're no longer subject to the EU court ruling, but what that means for the other elements of the ruling like the 5-year limit, who can say. Maybe Chelsea are doing exactly that with their new longer-than-five-year contracts.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

ScooterMcTiny posted:

No-one wants to test it because the whole concept of transfer fees even while in contract is pretty dodgy legally too.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

cameron archer on loan to boro is a done deal

https://www.mfc.co.uk/news/2023/january/06/cameron-archer-arrives-on-loan/

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

But-land

Loan for the rest of the season since Newcastle recalled Dubravka.

https://twitter.com/ManUtd/status/1611332544602972161

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Bringing in the big guns

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
I don't think I will personalise my shirt with butland #31

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
rename TRP to The Jack Butland

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Good. Gerrard is a oval office and stopped him from going out on loan at the start of the season because he said he'd be giving him an opportunity at Villa and then never played him.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
I wonder what Buttman is up to these days.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

the sex ghost posted:

I don't think I will personalise my shirt with butland #31

I'm getting buttlinho #69

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
Sources revealed to “Okaz” that the management of Al-Nasr Club reached an agreement with Cameroonian star Vincent Abu Bakr, regarding his departure from the club on a loan system for one of the European clubs, as the source revealed that Abu Bakr has two offers; The first is from Manchester United and the other is the Turkish club Fenerbahçe, and it is likely that Abu Bakr will leave for the English club, due to the strength of the show and the club’s desire to attract him, and it remains only to address the Professional Committee of the Saudi Football Association to drop the name of the Cameroonian player, and to register the newcomer Cristiano Ronaldo in the club’s lists after The arrival of his international card.

https://www.okaz.com.sa/sport/saudi/2123539

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

Lmao at United swapping Ronaldo for Aboubakar. I wonder how much this has to do with big vincent copying Ronnie's celebration in the world cup and pissing him off

TDepressionEarl
Oct 28, 2010

I'm trying to win the World Cup
but I'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps playing Argentina onside

vyelkin posted:

rename TRP to The Jack Butland

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

The Vincent Aboubakar :iiaca:

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Harry Maguire and his entourage have been photographed in a restaurant near Villa's training grounds :geno:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

Unai Emery assembling a squad simultaneously worth one billion and also zero dollars

just ringing round all the Burger Kings in Madrid asking if he can speak to Eden