Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
The man is 22, still young sure but this is an absurd sum for what are solid but not ludicrous numbers in the Ukrainian league. If he was like 16 I would almost get it.

Like, Haaland at Salzburg was getting hat-tricks left and right in Austria and scoring against larger teams in the CL at age 19 and was only valued at around €50mil at the time (and actually went for only €20m due to release clause).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

TheRat posted:

I get your point, but getting a quality attacker for 50mil these days is borderline black magic

Only if you need tried and tested quality, which I would argue is the opposite of Mudryk. If you go with risky purchases you can get players for loads cheaper. Brighton only paid like €3m for Mitoma though he was put on loan for a year before they started playing him.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
https://www.chelseafc.com/en/news/article/chelsea-close-to-agreeing-mudryk-deal

Mudryk to the Chels is NOT a DONE deal!

Really though lmao this is embarrassing

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
https://www.chelseafc.com/en/news/article/mudryk-completes-transfer-to-chelsea

8.5 years lol

What I'm wondering is the wages. On one hand surely Chelsea wouldn't be willing to pay him that much when the contract is that long. On the other, why would he agree to a lowish wage and then commit to it for 8.5 years? With the duration of his contract, even if he comes real good and other teams were interested, there is no way they could pay out his €100m contract with like 5-6 years to go AND give him a huge wage increase right? I guess if he's good enough for PSG maybe but that's about it. Feels likely he'll be stuck on whatever wage he's on now for at least half his career pretty much.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

Wazzerphuk posted:

Looks like a great set of transfers, nicely rounded squad. Might want to look into a first-choice keeper at some point, and some backup for the full-backs

e: just checking my notes again and it appears that there were already players at the club before the summer. Can someone confirm?

I've taken a look at the table OP and I do NOT think this can be confirmed easily