Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

blue footed boobie posted:

Please accept this post as me claiming to have noticed Trossard when he played for Brighton or Belgium and being a big fan of him and definitely not having no clue who he is.

His hat trick against Liverpool was cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

Jethro posted:

This is better because they'll still have the existing deals handicapping them 7 years in the future without the ability to stretch the next bunch of deals out a few decades

But all the deals will work out and they won't need to sign anyone in 6 years, duh.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
Leeds, the most American PL team ever

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

Just Chamber posted:

drat, even as an Arsenal fan who'd like him here it doesn't sit too well with me a player doing that. I know if any of our players did it I'd be pissed.

Reminds me of RVP days when he forced Wenger's hand with a statement like that, should have told him the only place he was going was back to the Dutch league. Fucker.

quote:

“This is an update for the fans about my current situation. I have kept quiet all this time out of respect and loyalty for the club and as agreed with Mr. Gazidis and Mr. Wenger, but since there is so much speculation in the media, I think it is fair for you guys to know what’s really going on at the moment.

“As announced earlier this year I had a meeting with the Boss and Mr. Gazidis after the season. This was a meeting about the club’s future strategy and their policy. Financial terms or a contract have not been discussed, since that is not my priority at all.

“I personally have had a great season but my goal has been to win trophies with the team and to bring the club back to its glory days.

“Out of my huge respect for Mr. Wenger, the players and the fans I don’t want to go into any details, but unfortunately in this meeting it has again become clear to me that we in many aspects disagree on the way Arsenal FC should move forward.

“I’ve thought long and hard about it, but I have decided not to extend my contract. You guys, the fans, have of course the right to disagree with my view and decision and I will always respect your opinions.

“I love the club and the fans, no matter what happens. I have grown up and became a man during my time with Arsenal FC. Everybody at the club and the fans have always supported me over the years and I have always given my all (and more) on and off the pitch.

“I am very proud of being part of this fantastic club for the last 8 years. As soon as Mr. Gazidis is back from his 2-week holiday in America further meetings will follow and I will update you if and when there are more developments.”

T Bowl fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Jan 27, 2023

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

L.H.O.O.Q. posted:

Is Jorginho totally washed? He was great like one or two seasons ago…..or was it three or four….

Why would Arsenal pay and pursue if he was totally washed?

Chelsea are just a shitshow right now trying to replace their entire team by overpaying for prospects and that means they need to push out the old guard. He is a good backup option no doubt, and this gives Arsenal the cover needed now while they move on to pursue Rice in the summer.

Let's see which team's strategy is more fruitful in a few years :lol:

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

TheRat posted:

If Chelsea comes out of this alive, they're going to have an absolutely ridiculous wealth of talent

It screams Spurs with the Bale money though, if anything it could take time for it all to come together and by then half the squad will be demoralized and alienated.

Then sold for less than half what they paid. It's a highly risky strategy.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

Shitshow posted:

Ask Willian, why don’t you?

Petr Cech was decent

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
Meanwhile Thiago Silva is pushing 40 and getting a new contract? Hmm