Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Sure 100 million is a lot but washing the stink of Russian off the club is worth much more than that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

Slotducks posted:

It's fun seeing the same techniques used to circumvent salary caps in 2022 that were used by hockey teams in like 2006. Nothing like giving a 32 year old player a 14 year contract to circumvent the cap.

I’ve seen the baseball analogy a lot but the hockey example makes a lot of sense.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

TheRat posted:

Does The Todd realise that football has squad size limits and that selling people on expensive contracts is difficult?

This is what I wonder. We have a lot of dross.

And I can’t believe we haven’t signed a midfielder since Kovacic.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

trem_two posted:

Easy solution, activate the Zakaria clause bing bong so simple

He hasn’t been bad once he got into the team. He’s currently injured of course.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

UnderFreddy posted:

chukwuemeka? you also just signed andrey santos

Yeah you’re right. Though I think neither was viewed as a first team CM to go along with Jorginho, Kova, and Kante.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Lol Jorginho

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
The small club that people can’t stop talking about.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Lol until 2031

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
River Plate getting 1/4 I heard.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Chelsea’s finances will be in good shape with Arsenal fans pouring over how every pence is spent and making suggestions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Wondering why the club wasn’t 100% focused on the Rudiger renewal at the time.