Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Blood Bowl gots me hooked with how chill it ends up being, some of the teams are straight up bad (even so much as saying so in the books) but youll probably still have fun playing them as you set your own goals for your team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

I was saying to my LGS friends, There needs to be a necromunda ash wastes expansion thats just GorkaMorka. Sorta like a stand alone expansion.

The expansion could basically be the story of GorkaMorka, your fighting orks and collecting scrap on Angelis, but it could also put in there that "If you want, you can play as orks in a Necromunda campaign too! heres how that works" then go about inserting them into a Necro

Orks have attacked Necromunda at some point so theyre probably still bopping around somewhere so its not impossible lore wise to play as them.

I love Orks so much and i just want GorkaMorka.

Hihohe fucked around with this message at 14:24 on Dec 13, 2022

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Al-Saqr posted:

Finished Morko From Metal Squig!

Tried my best with the eyes, had fun making a custom base, will clean up once everything dries!

Critiques Please!

That is amazing

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

I love it

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Speaking of Fistmas

https://twitter.com/WarComTeam/status/1607708089091854337?t=ZVnwpjjDHSyH_TpiAgZrVQ&s=19

Ive heard a wizard can cast Fist
but this guy is a loving Fistomancer

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Not only that but getting some alternate heads and accessories for my Cawdor dudes

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Maybe hes a blood angel instead

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Roller Coast Guard posted:

If I last played Blood Bowl 20 or so years ago (so the 1994 release) is the current version of the rules fundamentally different from what I would recognise or is it minor tweaks?

It is super similar to the old rules,

The biggest changes, Off the top of my head, is that theres a pass stat now and the changes to leveling up characters.
Along with all the new teams.

Other than that, if you know how to play old BB you shouldnt be lost playing this version.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

https://twitter.com/warhammer/status/1612464424622645249?t=FzAmEmjwk3UiXqnqQPezsA&s=19

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Hernkyn pioneers vs Exodites: War of the Cyber Beard

Or otherwise known as

How Games Workshop makes a truckload of money

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Randalor posted:

Wait. Wait. Waitwaitwait. Do the Exodites get dinosaurs on their killteam?

For fairness sakes,
If its anything like other teams theyd get like a special dino rider or two. Hernkyn would get a motortrike or something.

It would loving slap

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Yeah you can usually do a legacy team for older players.
Basically they start another team but they can keep one or a couple of the old team mates as long as they pay for their total cost.

Lorewise its these players leaving their old team after it goes gets traded to another league and they start thier own team

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Man i shoulda run a small Blood Bowl League this month for the superbowl

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Cooked Auto posted:

https://www.warhammer-community.com...helmawrs-peace/

ED-209's cousin from abroad is coming around for a visit.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Yeah seems like a net gun of some sort

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Brock Sampson would probably be an Orlock,
i know the obvious is him being a Goliath because big, but with his affinity for muscle cars and his sense of honor i lean more him being Orlock

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

the Monarch is Cawdor. change my mind

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

The Monarch is a Cawdor gang that has an Escher outcast doing all thier outfits for them.

Honestly i think the black and yellow would go really well on cawdor, his henchman are kinda dumpy so i think it fits them best.

Hihohe fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Feb 27, 2023

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Spanish Manlove posted:

Fashion Police

Could work

https://youtu.be/EtTSAj6bYbM

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

The #1 reason i see new people at my shop get frustrated with BB is that they wanna do the ALL OR NOTHING plays before they get all their dudes up off the ground.

I think Goonhamner even had a list of all the things you should do before you even THINK about throwing a 3 dice advantage block.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Not a Nob kill team, per se, but you could still probably just run em as orks or kommandos. Just find one thats the biggest to be the leader.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Dragons, goblins, and magic!? How dull.
-Goons

Joking, I know what you mean

And i feel we have this newcromunda argument every month.so im chiming in to say, I get it. A little too much but drat its still fun. And when playing my games people dont seem to mind that we trim the fat of models and rules. Thats what the different campaign types are for after all.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

I always thought when someone "wins" necromunda, the higher ups in the houses recognize thier gang and they get elevated to a better position

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

If i read the article right, these beastmen are the ancestors of degenerated crew or crews of a space hulk.
Its like that movie Pandorum.

Its not nostalgia to like them either
Space goatmen are just rad

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

So if they do release Epic would it more just be an expansion to the Adeptus Titanicus ruleset, so you can bring tanks and other weapon batteries?

Id be down especially if they add orks and stuff.
Please
Stop pidgeonholing youself with the horus heresy period, GW.
People want alien mechs. Please.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

I do wanna see Tyranids and Tau on the Epic scale but arnt they only recent additions on the galactic stage in the lore?
I think tyranids started showing up 7000 years after the heresy.

I wanna see what they come up with for bio titans and giant gundam robots. Farsight enclave sword bot and stuff.

if you pidgeonhole the game by puting Horus heresy on it as a sub title to the entire game, then you really only get humie v humie fights.
Id keep the timeframe wide, from 30 to 40k battles. Have a box game called the Horus Heresy with humie v humie but the next box is the War for Armageddon with ork v humies. And so on for the other factions.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

I dont know what to tell you man BB is just the best

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

GorkaheimMorkaheim

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

From what im seing its the same scale as titanicus

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

loving finally. A core rulebook for necromunda
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2023/07/12/the-seven-best-innovations-in-the-new-necromunda-rulebook/

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

moths posted:

Do I need updated Necromunda book if I have the one from Dark Uprising?

Not necessarily it seems,
This new book has only a couple of core rule tweaks that could easily be footnoted into your current rulebook.
The main thing is all the rules being together for once, (trading post, vehicle rules, it has an actual index)

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Really? contradictory?
Is there something in particular?
It all seemed straightforward to me but im bad at reading and comprehending rules.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Imo WFB just needed a non miniature jumping in point similar to 40k with the Dawn of War video game.

With Total Warhammer i think theyve drummed up enough interest for people to give it a try

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Youve been GNOMED

https://youtu.be/5WEKhq3F1M8?si=kAyXgAMN1iy8mdcY

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Either way, i love them and they are my friends

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

I love that hedgehog

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Al-Saqr posted:

Thanks man for this explanation.

Fundamentally though is it a fun game? How long is it compared to combat patrol? Is it easy or hard to understand to play?

Necromunda is a blast.
I would describe it as a way more Crunchy kill team so its a lil more difficult to understand. Each model is highly customizable, able to choose from a whole host of weapons and armor as well as being able to level up and gain traits. It is also a very vertical game as as you are encouraged to build stages with platforms and pits, because of this each model has many movement options and things that can happen if the get shot and fall down.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Assessor of Maat posted:

I've not been keeping up the modern necromunda stuff, are the spyrer suits still meant to be a T'au scheme to harvest COMBAT DATA?

???

Naw they are rich kids that come down hive to hunt people for sport.
Were Tau even out when necromunda was a thing?

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

You can just play it like 1v1 pick up game, its a fun game system and you dont have to go hole hog on every single mechanic there is.

That being said, its really good in campaign play, which like what Crackpoint said is more like an action-ttrpg, with a game master and storytelling elements. Thats harder to organize and keep up with.

I mostly like to go sorta sub Campaign with it. We have our armies and our own lore and what not. We come up with fun scenarios and have a general narrative, but we don't necessarily have the week by week campaign going.

Hihohe fucked around with this message at 14:38 on May 21, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Good god Corpse Grinders need a nerf They basically get cheap as hell powerswords for thier chaff units. thier other guys have masks that can essentially just stop you from doing anything.