Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Springfield Fatts
May 24, 2010
Pillbug

working mom posted:

Got that new thread smell, smells of expensive plastic

Or awful sla resin depending on your game of choice!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Springfield Fatts
May 24, 2010
Pillbug

Z the IVth posted:

I think it take a variety of videos - airbrush and no, but the thing I most appreciate from Duncan is he doesn't do an ahegao face for his thumbnails.

You're doing edge highlights ALL WRONG!!

I bought THIS off ebay for HOW MUCH?!?!

ORK sucked me OFF?!?!

If I wanted to try Warcry is the free pdf enough to get me through or is a lot of the content locked behind the box sets?

Springfield Fatts
May 24, 2010
Pillbug

poop chute posted:

Who are some other good painting channels to follow, besides Duncan? I like him for helping my understand how to think about the colors on a miniature, but I’d like to watch something a bit more technical occasionally.

I like SonicSledgehammer because he's similar to Dungeon Rhodes: simple effective paint schemes presented in a chill way. He also does all kinds of genres of minis.

Springfield Fatts
May 24, 2010
Pillbug
I agree he's a good dude but hard pass on the puppet poo poo. The biggest problem I have with him, and what's infected a lot of "high production" hobby youtube people now is the oversaturation of LEDs all over the model. If you're doing a tutorial I'd like to see what it actually looks like without a million purple and pink floodlights drowning out the end results, please. This isn't twitch, I need to know what your paintjob actually results in.