Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Dammit, I was just finishing up my team for the last thread and now you just drop a new edition?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
The Gorkamorka fucks up are still insane to me. Electronics had been printing multi-language instruction booklets for like 30 years by that point. Why on earth would you print French, Italian, German, Spanish and Portuguese copies of the entire box in equal amounts?

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Ahhh, so that's what Sny Snootles looks like after emerging from her cocoon.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Such a weird rear end time for an announcement.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
It's a new street drug, they crush up dried paint and sprinkle on their weed. They call it Grimdank.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Atlas Hugged posted:

Yep. And it's one of the reasons why Andy Chambers is kind of cool on Gorkamorka. It was a rushed job that he wasn't necessarily all that into.

The thread might be interested to hear that he and Thorpe have written a new mecha game to be released later this year. "Zeo Genesis". The company behind it is new, but those are pretty good credentials so it might be worth a look.

God that team up scream 'fun game, just ignore the fluff '

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Epic is in fact why the Horus Heresy exists.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Vulpes Vulpes posted:

So the KT announcement this weekend has to be a new box/season, right? Or is it going to be an annual book or something ancillary?

That's the thought, rumor going around is new season tying into the Tyranid invasion story of 10th edition with a Catachan vs. Tyranid jungle box but that could just be wishful thinking.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Or 5 snotlings voltroning into a normal sized ork.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Because eventually you might a space marine army and then you'll be stocked from all the starters you keep buying.

Edit: of course, I'm also the kind of guy that occasionally thinks about selling 54mm Inquisitor kits but then thinks 'No, I might want to collect the rest someday.'

Macdeo Lurjtux fucked around with this message at 18:33 on May 15, 2023

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
I'll take this down if it's :files: but does anyone know of a place I can find printable files of the old mordheim buildings? I just found my old mostly intact sprues for them and fifure I can put them to use.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Skaven aren't part of the Old World yet, neither are the VC. I'd also doubt they'd want to undercut Warcry, that's selling decently, by splintering the market.

Maybe a city focused Warcry season that'll be wink wink Mordheim. Like Gallowdark was wink wink Space Hulk.

If The Old World succeeds I can see them slowly rolling in other armies. It's set in the lead up to the Siege of Praag and within 30s years you have Skaven putting aside their civil war to start attacking the above world, Manfred retaking Sylvania and launching another conquest, the earthquakes that sent Black Orcs into the Empire and Dark Elves invading Ulthuan.

Macdeo Lurjtux fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Jul 12, 2023

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

TheDiceMustRoll posted:

i've yet to meet a warhammer player with the stomach to actually poo poo-talk someone else's paint schemes to their face. I dont doubt they exist but i do wonder who would have the gall

Yeah for the all the poo poo talking thevplayers give to each other the worst comment I've ever heard about paintjobs is 'Could use a wash'

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Cease to Hope posted:

Staple transports are being introduced for initial sale packed in with superheavies, hm. Also:

Hopefully those are cosmetic options.

It never hurts when kits come with a cupola options.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

TheDiceMustRoll posted:

He's decently reliable to the point I assume he likely just gets fed info to "leak" since he's a fairly big warhammer youtuber who doesn't aggressively poo poo on the company or uh, minority groups.

From what I've seen he's just pretty good at mental gymnastics to prove his leaks and predictions were right. (And by his I mean the stuff he grabs off of reddit to amplify)

Like in the lead up the 10th, he was saying in his videos that the contest was rigged and they were going to announce a tie and show off both armies. When tyranids won he started shouting 'I told you it was rigged, nobody that voted actually played a game. They didn't want the tyranids to win, they only cared about space marines losing. '

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

goodness posted:

I remember hearing, which could be total bs, that because of the rights TotalWarhammer had, GW couldn't release new old world models like the ones in the game until the last dlc is released. Maybe that's why the release has been so slow in coming. Or its bs.

Rights don't quite work like that. They generally only apply to the medium they pertain to. You could start a company named Nike and as long as you don't use anything like the swoosh or have anything to do with shoes you're fine.

It's probably a matter of, if GW didn't design the new units, they don't have full ownership and would have to pay licensing fees to make models of them.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Safety Factor posted:

Yeah, Victory is Vengeance from the old book III is a good example of how small scale 30k worked. It used the same basic ruleset, but you had mixed ad-hoc squads which were really cool and could share certain rules. Vehicles were very limited and you might have a rhino or a javelin speeder, but that would be it. Maybe a boxdread if you really splurged. It focused heavily on the characters (centurions and sergeants) leading your forces with specializations, stat increases, lingering wounds, etc. It was a narrative system with some flaws and could've used a few passes to be truly great, but it had good bones.

Was that the campaign system meant to recreate the Istvaan hold outs? That would be a real fun Kill Team box.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
What's also great is that Mollog is heavily played unit for Gitz to take in AoS. Enough so that his price has been jumping up really high over the last year.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

wait.. we're expected to play with our miniatures?

I'm just surprised there are people that put them together.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Definitely a new one, the old one didn't have helmuted options, the head ridges are less pronounced than the older kits and the outlaw scarf style wasn't a thing when the last upgrade sprue came out.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Geisladisk posted:

Precisely. I love the Votann design, because they feel very distinct in 40k. Turning them into super ornate Space Dwarves would have been the super obvious thing to do and also a total miss for me. Being ridiculously ornate is a 40k Imperium thing. The Votann are not Imperial. By being a (semi) human faction that is more sleek and utilitarian they stand out more.

I love this guy almost as much as Trenchoat Robot. He's got a beanie on. The beanie looks nice, thick and wooly. It's just so mundane and practical which makes it stand out in 40k.

My favorite thing about them is the stance of 'Yeah, we know we're from earth, but we're keeping that on the dl since we really don't want to deal with all that." :waves hand at Imperium:

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Al-Saqr posted:

Im tempted to get blackstone fortress warhammer quest since it seems like a more casual and multiplayer focused warhammer game that i can easily take and set up at my 4-5 people board game group. do you guys recommed it? Is it a fun system and game in and of itself?

Does it have to be sci fi? Cursed City has a bit more evolved gameplay and can still be fun after you beat the campaign. Also all the expansions were released as paper only products so the rules can be found online and the models are still readily available.

Plus it's $30 cheaper on Amazon.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
They do, but they're one of the very few companies that pay dividends so the holders are generally pretty happy.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
I know people were complaining it's a special sprue for the Ogryn. You don't even get the options for building a bulgryn.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
There's also an annual you can try to find, by hook or by crook, that contains 15+ new missions that were published in White Dwarf.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
No it's not grid based and the boarding action terrain is good for Necromunda. The board is a bit bigger than Kill Team so you can spread it out a little for larger rooms in the design.

You've mentioned you're a lapsed 40K player right? Necromunda is a bit crunchier, Kill Team is based on current 40k rules while Necromunda is more in line the original 2nd ed ruleset.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Check out Necromundown on YouTube. It's a year old but a decent series on a cost effective entry into the game and points out some aspects that are a bit too expensive/rules complex to use your first time playing a campaign.

Cease to Hope posted:

We don't know that they're not Enslavers to be fair.

The Malstrain Genestealers are cool models though. Not enough to entice me into dipping a toe into the clusterfuck that is Newcromunda but cool models.

Well yeah, but previous Enslaver art puts them at 10- 12 feet tall. I'm thinking, if malstrain gets a patriarch, it'll be the Magus that created the strain and they're his take on corrupted servo-skulls.

Macdeo Lurjtux fucked around with this message at 19:50 on May 19, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
I haven't had an iPad in a few years but for epubs I used to email the file to myself and it would open in Books fine.