Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

I haven’t played Warcry but it’s probably worth mentioning that you can get the rules for free off the Warhammer Community website along with the rules for a lot of the 1st edition and AoS models.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Randalor posted:

And it would probably still be more watchable than Velma.

You could have Velma or Daphne also be in a Judge helmet, Judge Anderson was pretty cool.

Wasn’t Judge Anderson known for going without a helmet though?

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Al-Saqr posted:

hey quick question what specific boxes do I need to buy to make a Mechanicus Kill Team? Same Question for Tau Hunter Cadre.

Also why has no one told me about those super cool Corpuscarii Electro priests lol.

If I get a Chaos kill team, can I make a Legionary Set out of World eaters? When will the World eater specific mini's come out?

I'm going to hold off of Space Marines until I see what the final Gallowdark is, very curious to see if it's Terminators Vs. Genestealers or not.

For the Mechanicus Hunter Clade, a box of Skitarii and Sicarians are where you want to start. Goonhammer can give you tips on how to assemble them:
https://www.goonhammer.com/hunter-clade-kill-team-tactics/

For the T’au, you want a box of Fire Warriors (which you could assemble as regular Fire Warriors or Breachers, but you probably want a mix) and Stealth Suits. If you want Pathfinders, it’d be best to get the bespoke Kill Team box for them. Goonhammer also did a guide to them too.

When in doubt, Goonhammer is a good place to check for advice.

I don’t think there’s anything stopping you from running a World Eaters Legionaries KT but I wouldn’t be surprised if they get a bespoke one after the release of the new models.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Eediot Jedi posted:

*laughs in black templar*

I mean the Intercession Squad works for a Crusader Squad (although obviously you can’t bring Neophytes).

Edit:And technically speaking there’s some psychic operatives in the Legionaries KT that wouldn’t fit in a WE force, lorewise.

Plus if Thousand Sons and Death Guard get their own KT rosters (albeit the DG still have a compendium list) World Eaters getting one too just makes sense.

Whereas Black Templars are still technically a variant of regular Space Marines.

Yvonmukluk fucked around with this message at 12:48 on Jan 29, 2023

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Al-Saqr posted:

Theres no way GW would put out the entire arks of omen campaign and not have a world eaters kill team for people to play aling side their boarding action games.

Looking online, it looks like to make a reliable Mechanicus Kill team I will have to buy three seperate boxes, maybe some other time. Sadly the same situation is for the Harlequins, they say that to get a full Harlequin team I have to have 7 players but there's only six in one box, on top of that I have to buy two extra figures lol so it's gonna be the same price as a full expansion.

I have a cousin going to england, so I'm gonna ask him to pick up the Pathfinder kill team while he's there.

quick question, do the pathfinders have the option of wearing the cool Tau helmet or are all of them wearing only visors?

Also how are the phobos strike force marines? they look super cool but what's the difference between them and the infiltrators? I might just ask him to nab that box while he's at it.

The Phobos Strike Force is an Infiltrators/Incursors box with additional options. You can also include Reivers as well (they've been updated in the FAQ to make them actually worth taking, too).

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Al-Saqr posted:

Yesterday the people i was playing kill team against pulled off an incredible clutch move, they used their grot grapple hook to grapple to the very far end of a long hallway to an objective computer console at the very end of the final turning point the fuckers won by one point.

I am so butthurt lol

Mork (or possibly Gork) would be proud, that’s some brutal kunnin’ right there.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Can Scouts work as a one-box kill team? They've just put out their rules in the latest White Dwarf.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

I must confess I'm somewhat confused how the 'Worthy of The Chapter' requisition works. I guess you start a new kill team, but I didn't realise you can have multiple in one campaign like that.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

moths posted:

It also looks like Hive Secundus is a soft reboot, so everything a new group needs should be there.

I cannot believe the glow-up Orrus spyrers got! And it's brilliant to have them fight dangerous aliens for sport instead of the poor, which always left a bad taste.

Can't wait to see what other suits make it in.

I mean 'the aristocracy literally hunting the poor for sport' seems like some classic 40k social satire.

But it still kind of works, Spyrers and Genestealers are both parasites that prey on humanity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Hihohe posted:

???

Naw they are rich kids that come down hive to hunt people for sport.
Were Tau even out when necromunda was a thing?

IIRC when the first Tau codex came out there was a glossary of some common Tau words and there were several words that were very close to the names of the different Spyrer suits that also kind of describe them e.g. Or’es means ‘powerful’, ‘Mal’caor’ means ‘spider’, ‘J’karra’ is ‘mirror’ and ‘Y’eldi’ is Air Caste slang for a gifted pilot that literally translates to ‘Winged One’. So the implication is that the Spyrers got their suits from the Tau via the Cold Trade for their hunts.

Yvonmukluk fucked around with this message at 17:11 on May 20, 2024