Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Take note: White Dwarf 482 is a VERY SPECIAL ISSUE that you want to buy because it includes:

quote:

GOG Codes for 12 Warhammer Computer Games (including: Warhammer 40,000: Gladius – Relics of War, Battlefleet Gothic: Armada, Warhammer 40,000: Dakka Squadron, Warhammer: Shadow of the Horned Rat, Warhammer Quest 2: The End Times, Warhammer 40,000: Chaos Gate (1998), Warhammer 40,000: Rites of War, Man O' War: Corsair, Talisman: Origins, Dark Future: Blood Red States, Final Liberation: Warhammer Epic 40,000, and Mordheim: City of The Damned).

It's already on shelves at Barnes & Noble in the US.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moths
Aug 25, 2004

These games will run on a very lovely PC that costs less than a Start Collecting box.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

Gorka Morka at AT scale would give the vehicles the same 40mm footprint as imperial knights, and open the door to AT scale stompas and extremely satisfying gargants.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

Squibsy posted:

While cool, that would be the opposite of the vibe of GorkaMorka

Yeah focusing on the vehicles would be cool but GM really relies on individuals to give you a sense of scale and context.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

Ok I just started building these and holy gently caress I love how they look so far. I mixed in some of the mechanicus ruins and they fit in perfectly.

One thing: the corner pieces that go under the caps look like squares but actually have six sides. Two sides of the "square" are bent, and if they're not lined up you're going to get crazy problems. I suspect that's where a lot of people were going wrong.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

Siivola posted:

I don’t understand.

The "square" that the cap goes on is actually a weird hexagon. It works if you assemble it the top way, but if you do it the bottom way it's a terrible fit. The seams need to line up.

You can see the shape a little better in the cap.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

Ah ok, I ran into one that was a little snug but nothing too fussy.

A friend said the Twitch guy he watched had all kinds of problems, and the streamer sounds like a "knows better than the directions" kinda guy. I figured that's where he went wrong before gluing it all together.

They're friction fit, so I imagine I don't want to get any primer in the slot.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I thoroughly love these. A kill team?

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I've used the old hormagant arms as (tiny) scything claws on the subsequent metal ones, but yeah you're super limited for pure retro options.

There's also a metal gobbler out there, but he's only got the same weapons in lead.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

That guy looks like he could take on a space marine. Which reminds me:

Vandolth the Fallen is definitely a renegade Dark Angel, right?

quote:

Vandoth the Fallen is a giant mask covered man, who is bound in layers of crimson muscle and his exploits on Necromunda, have made him a figure of legend on the Hive World.

Stories are told of his ability to crush a man's skull with one hand and turn aside blades with his hardened skin. Most disturbing of all, though, are the tales of Vandoth's unquenchable thirst for blood. It is said that hidden behind his mask are long canine fangs, and after he kills, the gigantic warrior stoops over his prey to drain them dry. There are conflicting accounts as to where Vandoth originally came from and who (or even what) he is. Some insist the massive warrior was once a Goliath, somehow corrupted in the vat with tainted blood. Others believe he was once one of Lord Helmawr's personal guards, until he was genetically altered into a vampiric beast for the ruler of Necromunda's amusement. Then there are the stories that Vandoth is a thing of Chaos, though the savagery that he shows to those corrupted by the Dark Gods would seem to discount this.

All that is known for sure is Vandoth has wandered Necromunda for centuries at least, his face hidden behind a mask and an ancient oversized boltgun at his side. Outlaws will sometimes pay for Vandoth's aid with the promise of coin, weapons or glory, though the giant mostly does as he pleases, aiding others when his interests align with theirs.

The blood drinking seems off brand but everything else lines up.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

That also points to him being a Blood Angel, since the Fallen are a little more subtle about that stuff.

As a Blood Angel, he may not be privy to understanding why that's such a terrible alias.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

Arbites could be cool as hell but the NM Enforcers already fill that niche, I doubt the next release will be another skirmish unit of carapace armored shotgun guys.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

Al-Saqr posted:

What do arbites even look like nowadays? Is there a reason to be excited for them?

Afaik they're basically Enforcers with more ornamentation.

Inquisitorial stormtroopers, however, are cool af and have been oop forever and are better models than the Kasarkin.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

These guys!

But again, they just put out carapace stormtrooper-alikes so that's not terribly likely.

Although it's possible the next force will be an inquisitorial acolyte group which could include all of the above

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I love the lore where squigs were failed Tyranid creations using Ork biomass and gene material.

Upon discovering these hopping, weird, useless things they still retained enough Ork that the Orks took them back in.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

The arbites have always been ridiculously OP in the fluff, which is why Necromunda got Helmawr's mall cops.

They're basically turbo Judge Dredds, having gone to what's effectively Commissar school and then earning law degrees.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

Watched the video and yeah that's definitely an Arbite, the helmet is the giveaway.

And yeah that looks like a Dark Eldar ... unless he's holding a pterodactyl, then we're finally in Exodite territory.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

AAAB

(USER WAS RENDERED TO STARCH FOR THIS POST)

moths
Aug 25, 2004

Mode 7 posted:

has anything changed recently to make folks think it’s actually happening this time?

The GW Instagram posted a painting of an imperial ship from BFG, but that's probably got more to do with AoO's focus on boarding actions than any BFG revival.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

The last 40k appearance of Arbites has them working alongside the Inquisition, so they're probably just doing more of that.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

Spanish Manlove posted:

I would be all over the new box if it was any team other than dark eldar.

Those DE are aggressively boring. At first I thought they just included the existing warriors with an upgrade sprue.

I love the little table though. That's absolutely getting some Epic figures stuck in there.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

Lucinice posted:

Based on the warhammer community article it seems like it is an upgrade.

poo poo I misread that. Ok it's as boring as I thought.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

War and Pieces posted:

ps do World Eaters even have medics?

They did in 30k, since they spent all their downtime pit fighting.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

There are! It's kind of a grey area since GW often gets them 404'd on thingiverse or cults so people are understandably hesitant to post links and ruin a good thing.

Moonjam's Galactic Crusaders have survived a lot of C&D purges. He's presumably been noticed and passed whatever tests GW uses. (The standard seems to be "uses no propriety GW names and is distributed as free fan art.")

You'll want to increase the figures by 33% to go from 6mm to AT scale. (Which is effectively 8mm, quarter 40k scale, or 1/4th 32mm.)

moths
Aug 25, 2004

Looks more like a domductor IMO.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

ACABDSM

moths
Aug 25, 2004

Don't US preorders go live at noon EST?

E: lol what the gently caress, guess not anymore

E: oops that was global. No update on the US site but I have one bar so

moths fucked around with this message at 15:50 on Feb 11, 2023

moths
Aug 25, 2004

Hey cool, I got one as well!
to repurpose for 30k ZM.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I assume that "resuming a game after a disconnect" is because they're going to install servers in season 2.

Amazed that anyone would still implement peer to peer gaming in 2023.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I pre-ordered soulshackle and the AT matched play guide, but they only sent me the Titanicus book.

The order still says pending, but I've seen SShackle on shelves and uh ... Did they give my game to someone else?

moths
Aug 25, 2004

Ugh that sounds annoying as hell. Well I've already emailed, and I'll follow up with a phonecall Monday.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I hope Warhammer+ eventually has an in-universe Imperium's Most Wanted type show with cheesy reenactments and vox servators answering phones in the background.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

In the 41st millennium, the people are oppressed by two separate yet equally important groups: The Arbites, who investigate "crime," and the Inquisition, who [REDACTED]. These are their stories.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I imagine that the new Apocalypse rules are fantastic for exactly this. The problem is that they're a hundred dollar OOP box set.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I'll never be able to verify it, but I feel like the outlandish amount of dead tree DLC was a compromise with the suits over the low model count.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

Man I wish OPR would do gangs instead of whole "we have Warhammer at home" armies.

E: how is their gang game though?

moths fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Mar 20, 2023

moths
Aug 25, 2004

All of history is a human on human snoozefest

moths
Aug 25, 2004

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

god drat privateer press for inventing “wanting to win games” and getting us all kicked out of the Garden of Eden

Adam, try this fruit - I found it over in the tree of PAGE FIVE, BITCH! PLAY LIKE YOU'VE GOT A PAIR! BRASS BALLS!

moths
Aug 25, 2004

To be fair, nobody plays Warmachine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moths
Aug 25, 2004

Are you trying to remind me that Broheim exists? Because I've successfully purged most of that Axe-scented cringe from memory.