Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

megamariox
Jun 4, 2011
I've managed to finish up the main story for Violet and I gotta say I really wish this game had gotten a delay. The game is actually pretty fun, the characters are likeable and the world is one that is enjoyable to traverse and explore. This is a game that really could have used a extra year of development time to polish everything. This game is already pretty good, but if it had been given some more time to properly cook in the oven I feel like they could have made something really special.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MayOrMayNotBeACat
Jul 22, 2017

Edit: mistake was already pointed out upthread.

MayOrMayNotBeACat fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Jan 9, 2023

Luca_024
Dec 26, 2022
Back when Sword and Shield came out, I'd tell my friends it was the most fun I'd ever had with a Pokémon game. I absolutely loved the fact most of the cities felt like actual settlements, and the recognition you get from progressing along the Gym challenge made me feel more involved than I had ever come close to.

Scarlet and Violet are solid second places, because the worldbuilding may be weaker than the one in the gen 8 games, but I absolutely love every one of the characters and the story's climax made my jaw drop in a way i never expected from Pokémon. The developers clearly put a lot of care into them, despite the rush to get them released.