Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4b608PpQC4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

PinheadSlim posted:

I found a bone or a piece of plastic in a mcnugget when I was like 4 and I never had one again

ptooey

That was a beak, you gotta chew em up to really get the flavor

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
Honey sauce

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

I miss the onion petals from Arby's. They've become the king of getting rid of food that people like. KFC was good once but it's so long ago it's not really worth it being nostalgic.

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.
kfc must be way different in the us because it was never good in canada

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!
Wendy's new fries are bangin and they are definitely the modern fry champions.

KFC now is legitimately just hosed up. The last two times I went there the chicken wasn't even cooked.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

My Spirit Otter posted:

Popeye's Supremacy

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Huh apparently the bagel breakfast sandos are back at McDs for a limited time

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

My Spirit Otter posted:

KFC was only good to families with parents who boiled chicken and served it with unseasoned vegetables. KFC having literally any seasoning put it far and above anything they ever got at home and if you actually liked KFC you are telling on your family for being bad at food. You only think it sucks now because you escaped that hell hole you called a home and have since had real food.

I'm sorry to be harsh but some of you needed to hear that :(

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here

Edgar posted:

I miss those mcdonald chicken wraps and those bagel breakfast sandwiches :'(

The bagels are back.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

I like to remember about a someone never posting ever ever again

Wendigee fucked around with this message at 07:46 on Dec 13, 2022

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

It aint you mnobs good thread.

And yeah.. beenlf tallow until hippies

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

My Spirit Otter posted:

At one point Canadian KFC had coleslaw that was the consistency of a Slurpee. Tiny little salt-grain sized pieces of lettuce, a real slurry.

On the other hand, Canadian A&W has fried apple pies exactly like McD's had, although they're even better as they're also tossed in cinnamon-sugar.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

biting into a dark meat mcnugget made entirely of fatty corpusle and sinew

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
Hell my family used to raise and butcher our chickens.

You want chicken tonight? Let me go grab one. Do the messy work yourself.

...I still crave KFC sometimes

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
Mostly the pot pie

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

i bit into a metal skewer at kfc once

at the buffet

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

"You'll never know if you can fly unless you take the risk of falling."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fo7vZm9a2To

The good news is you could make the classic fries at home, but unfortunately, the ice cream machine is still broken, so we can't get a dipped cone.

Also happy meal toys are cheaper now, just get rid of them or make it a premium like for $5 you get some random unsold Funko pop thrown in.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
McDonald’s breakfast bagel sandwiches have that weird mayonnaise on them

samcarsten
Sep 13, 2022

by vyelkin

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

thats cum

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.
Anyone remember the jalapeno mcdouble? Peak McDonald's sandwich imo

Or the dollar menu when you could get a large soda and a triple cheeseburger for $4 plus tax

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

500excf type r posted:

Or the dollar menu when you could get a large soda and a triple cheeseburger for $4 plus tax

im a dollar menu guy... I'd hit it

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

PinheadSlim posted:

KFC was only good to families with parents who boiled chicken and served it with unseasoned vegetables. KFC having literally any seasoning put it far and above anything they ever got at home and if you actually liked KFC you are telling on your family for being bad at food. You only think it sucks now because you escaped that hell hole you called a home and have since had real food.

I'm sorry to be harsh but some of you needed to hear that :(

... Dude it's fried chicken. How much projection are you willing to push out

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I can't imagine paying for anything at 99% mark up.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
I am unsure if the nostalgia would bear out at all, but i have some serious nostalgia for the mcpizza they did for a while

I don’t even want them to bring it back, it will suck, i just like thinking of how they were back then

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010

Wendigee posted:

It aint you mnobs good thread.

And yeah.. beenlf tallow until hippies

ty fren

grill youre saelf
Jan 22, 2006

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

It came from the distributer labeled "Breakfast Sauce". It was like a cheap, delicious, fake hollandaise

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer
Hawksmoor in Manhatten makes them. Very good.

sporkstand
Jun 15, 2021
how about the arch deluxe? I wish they still made that one

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!
I'm not sure if it's a lifehack or what but I kind of feel like if you drive into a "nice" town to get fast food, it's probably more likely to not be poo poo? Like a rich suburbia is going to have a bunch of Karen's who will raise hell if poo poo isn't done right, and corporate is probably going to view those areas as more profitable and be more demanding.

Now's the part where you all tell me you grew up in Beverly Hills and poo poo into the fry sauce.

And also who is going to drive into another town for fast food...

Ok, I occasionally will for Dick's, but that's it.

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

someone said kfc had eggrolls, and they were good? i do not remember that loving poo poo. it cant be real. im not going to do any research into this and will just continue to believe whoever said that was out of their god drat mind.

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

Ask me about my wealthy lifestyle and passive income! I love bragging about my wealth to my lessers! My opinions are more valid because I have more money than you! Stealing the fruits of the labor of the working class is okay, so long as you don't do it using crypto. More money = better than!
ah this brings back memories.

I ran the kitchen for one of the busiest McDonalds in the west. We would sell two grand an hour for three hours during lunch rush every weekday back in 1989. That's about five grand an hour in today's money.

i miss the beef tallow fries and the McDLT.

e:holy poo poo, our store was making over a million dollars a year in 1989, selling burgers. no wonder the owner liked to drop in from time to time.

tango alpha delta fucked around with this message at 05:07 on Dec 14, 2022

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!

rotinaj posted:

I am unsure if the nostalgia would bear out at all, but i have some serious nostalgia for the mcpizza they did for a while

I don’t even want them to bring it back, it will suck, i just like thinking of how they were back then

Even at like 9 years old I knew it was poo poo.

Imagine just a floppy piece of grease that made you think Pizza Hut was better. I don't know why millennials it.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Justin Godscock posted:

Even at like 9 years old I knew it was poo poo.

Imagine just a floppy piece of grease that made you think Pizza Hut was better. I don't know why millennials it.

Must've varied by region. My area was a test market for the McPizza at the time, and they had to end the test early at my local restaurant because everyone loved it and kept ordering it so much that it ground their kitchen to a halt. It took at least 15 minutes to make one, and there'd be a queue for an hour or more waiting for pizzas. It was drat good.

BasicLich
Oct 22, 2020

A very smart little mouse!

Stink Billyums posted:

I went looking for tallow and somehow I can't find anything around here that's cheaper than buying actual beef. I just want some fuckin fat, man, how is this poo poo $5 a pound?

you can get cheap tallow and beef by buying whole cuts and trimming them up at home, sure the whole cuts are more per unit but by pound you'll even out with the beef and get some cheap or free tallow to go with it

just gotta render the fat into tallow and freeze it.

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Do it yourself keeping lard can be special. Keep it level at a certain temp. Otherwise, you are eating your own grease.

Promotion for those that like food and doesn't know how to make it.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

im a dollar menu guy. i would gently caress that sandwich to completion

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
You don't want to be woke. I get it.

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Big Beef City posted:

... Dude it's fried chicken. How much projection are you willing to push out

I think you'll find chicken is a dire and serious subject on these here comedy forums, bub

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Zeluth posted:

You don't want to be woke. I get it.

do you ever feel that you and i personally have been having a conversation going on years where the other person refuses to speak the same language