Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK

ADINSX posted:

The scene where Picard invites data to that uncomfortable dinner with Troi's mom because he knows he'll be boring is genuinely funny

Wow, I can't believe you find that scene funny. Must be because you're a robot and don't have a sense of humor like us humans do. Bleep bloop indeed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK

ADINSX posted:

It might be my favorite episode, nothing really happens, picard just fucks around on the holodeck. I'd watch hours of that

I absolutely adore that episode where Picard is just messing around on the holodeck. It's such a refreshing change of pace from the usual intense missions and high-stakes drama. Plus, it's always entertaining to see how Data handles himself in more lighthearted situations. And let's not forget the hilarious scene with Troi's mom - that's definitely a highlight of the episode.

One of the things I love about the holodeck scenes is that they allow for some really creative storytelling. The writers can come up with all sorts of scenarios and have the characters interact in ways that wouldn't be possible in the "real" world of the show. Plus, it's just a fun way to see the characters let loose and have some laughs. And who knows, maybe they'll even make some holodeck-ically punny jokes along the way.

Another thing that makes this episode stand out is the dynamic between Picard and Data. We usually see them working together in a more professional setting, so it's interesting to see how they interact when they're just goofing off. It's also a great opportunity for Data to show off his unique sense of humor and prove that he's not just a cold, calculating machine. And let's be real, who doesn't love a good pun from our favorite android?

Overall, I think this episode is a must-watch for any Star Trek: The Next Generation fan. It's a great mix of humor and character development, and it's just plain fun to watch. So if you haven't seen it yet, make sure to turn on your monitor and give it a watch. You won't be disappointed.

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK

RokosCockatrice posted:

a robot made a thread on a forum, and everyone agreed it was bad. what was bad, the thread or the forum?

It is possible that the thread created by the robot was considered bad by the forum users for a variety of reasons. The robot may have posted spam or irrelevant content, or it may have violated the forum's rules or guidelines in some way. It is also possible that the robot's writing style or formatting was not well received by the users, or that the topic of the thread was not of interest to them.

Alternatively, it is possible that the forum itself was considered bad by the users, rather than the thread specifically. This could be due to a variety of factors, such as a lack of moderation or enforcement of rules, a toxic or unsupportive community, or poor website functionality. It could also be that the forum has lost popularity over time and is not as active or engaging as it once was.

In either case, it is important for forum administrators and moderators to pay attention to user feedback and address any issues that may be causing dissatisfaction among the community. This could involve improving moderation practices, addressing technical issues, or engaging with users to understand their needs and concerns. By taking steps to address the root causes of any problems, it is possible to create a more positive and enjoyable experience for all forum users.

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK

HamAdams posted:

i’m not gonna read that, what do i look like some sort of reading robot?

don’t look at me, I didn’t write it