Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

PostNouveau posted:

I think the Jackpot captain was on Banshee captain's team too. That drum spinner bot of his is hellacious

Puca is David Smalls beetle yeah, it's very good

e: How was the stream for those who watched, any feed back I can pass along?

Nodoze fucked around with this message at 15:29 on May 8, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Bertha the Toaster posted:

I think I've said it before, and I'll admit its an issue I don't know an easy solution to. Its too long. I caught the last 3 and a half hours, so I missed like 3 quarters of the overall stream. I don't really know how to watch the stuff I missed, going back and trying to watch a ~12 hours long stream is just a pain in the backside as I'd have to try and keep track of where I was up to, skip to that bit, and because its the livestream there's a fair bit of down time when I'm only wanting to watch the fights. I'd love an edited down version but I know its not really feasible to do, it'd probably be a full time job for someone over the course of a week or so at a minimum.

Its things like I heard Ripperoni was there, I wouldn't mind finding that fight and watching it. That's a really hard thing to do.

They do timestamp the matches afterward, but it takes a few days. People have brought up running separate streams but it comes down to not really wanting to cannibalize the main one and/or becoming confusing for people looking for things. Eventually I think it may happen but that's just my personal guess

I will pass along the suggestion to maybe posting broken up segments like "Xlb top 8" , that seems to be the least amount of actual work since it would just be moving already recorded footage around

Nodoze fucked around with this message at 21:44 on May 8, 2023

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

ante posted:

With an upward spinning vert, all of the energy from the hit recipient gets directed into the ground, throwing them up in the air and minimal force directed back into the aggressor's frame.

If they're upside down, then they're sending all of their force through a small part of the defender's frame, and the floor, while throwing the attacker up in the air because there's nothing to brace against.

Newton, man

Hitting things upsidown at full speed is a great way to break yourself. At smaller classes it's very easy to have your weapon drag you along to the wall while spinning to self right or just outright have enough torque to flip yourself back over by slamming the throttle if the geometry is right, something which is essentially impossible at the heavyweight scale. An example of this is something like the 3lber Twin Beast, when it's flipped over he can self right by just modulating the weapon. I chose to go the other route of just having the weapon not touch the floor when I am upsidown so I can just run into the wall or the other bot to get right side up. It's not the most elegant solution but it works

The NHRL stream should be time stamped now too. I passed along the suggestion of doing uploaded top 8's per class as well

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

PostNouveau posted:

Awesome! I think top 8s or top 16s would do well for you. It's what all the fighting game tournaments do (although their Top 8s take much longer).

I agree and people have tried to suggest some of the things fighting tournaments do, some obviously isn't applicable. It's a little easier to upload top 8 or 16 at a major since they are usually all consecutively played, whereas at NHRL there is some jumping around to different weight classes that requires a little more cutting up of footage

I tried pitching an invite only round robin event similar to Canada Cup Master Series but there wasn't any time to do it this year. Later in the year I'm going to bring it up again and see if we can get it ironed out to fit in the schedule somewhere next year before it's too late. A lot of it depends on when BB filming ends up being too, so logistically it's not quite as simple as the CC Master series but if I could get it to end up happening it would loving rule

Nodoze fucked around with this message at 18:16 on May 10, 2023

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

He's right to a degree but also wrong. Hydra and Claw Viper are both capable of winning the giant nut, Saw Blaze can do damage but it's not out there blowing other bots apart like Riptide or Tombstone do either. He's one of the last 8? bots left right now

There is some sour grapes at play here too. Some designs are just uncompetitive. Duck isn't really great at anything except being a tank but that only takes you so far. Can't be out here blaming KE bots for you not winning anything when you'd also get washed by the other control bots too

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

I havent seen anyone really make that talking point from the team but it wouldn't have made a difference who drove, that beater was cooked and going to break no matter who was driving.

The only argument that might hold any water is it would have gotten swapped out for a fresh one if they had time due to dealing with all the other things but sometimes it be that way, the nature of events is you don't always have all the time you need.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Here is the schedule for NHRL finals this weekend:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...570&single=true

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

I didn't think it would be an issue, but thanks for posting the images.

Stream is about to go up, first fight is Lil Rip vs Emulsifier. Unfortunately I am not there today, so I am watching at home cheering my friends on :( We want Minor Threat 5, Puca, Droopy, Supreme Ruler, Monkfish and Eva to do well :love:

Nodoze fucked around with this message at 15:00 on Nov 11, 2023

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

dwarf74 posted:

Enjoying the stream so far!

Hope they get the audio synced back up!

Should be fixed now, I think

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Schedule for tonight:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Fire works well at fairy, 1lb and 3lb because most bots are TPU or UHMW, use foam or cast from TPU wheels and don't have thick enough top or bottom armor to resist the heat. 12lb and up is where you see mostly metal construction

Most events don't allow fire for safety/arena reasons and honestly it's probably a good thing. If you get melted like that your basically tossing the whole bot which sucks