Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist
I guess there's no way it couldn't, and credit to them for just addressing it up front, but that Tantrum-Blip fight felt real sketchy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

sweet geek swag posted:

Given that Tantrum had already lost a match, I don't think they'd have outright thrown the fight, but the Blip people do know Tantrum's specs inside and out. I don't know, it's a weird fight to schedule.

You wouldn't even have to throw the fight, really. Just give up the ground game in any way. Like Aren said, Tantrum does really mind getting tossed. So you drive the match straight and, worst case, you get tossed (which probably doesn't weigh against you as much as a KO) or you go to the judges (which at least highlights your driving and durability, even in a unanimous loss).

I guess I don't REALLY believe there's a meaningful incentive to conspire in one way or another, considering the risks and the likely meaningful upside (and, like, the personal ethics of everyone involved). Like you said, weird fight to schedule.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

RBA Starblade posted:

Mason's a good commentator for this! He knows when to drop it lol

Kenny looked delighted watching the shift. Based on his background, I imagine he appreciates a good persona.

Great Beer posted:

That preview during them ominous vs shreddit bro fight was the most disrespectful thing. :lol:

We promise there's a good one right after this! Please don't change the channel!

The Modern Leper fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Mar 10, 2023

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

PostNouveau posted:

That Witch Doctor fight was amazing, but I think beating Minotaur for 10 seconds and then turning off might be Fusion's finest hour.

It really is the most lovable jobber since Rusty.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

Sir DonkeyPunch posted:

I thought it was kind of weird they announced the results of Emulsifier-Shredderator off camera

Came to post this, but assumed that with so many matches going the full three minutes they were legitimately running tight on the broadcast length.

EDIT: That, or the producers pettily wanted to deny Emulsifier a unanimous decision moment because that guy is such a whiny brat when split decisions don't go his way.

The Modern Leper fucked around with this message at 14:49 on Oct 28, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

dwarf74 posted:

Sorry for the double post. But here's some details.

It deals directly with the "punched badge" issue.

https://www.reddit.com/r/NHRL/s/uZ4aKILAHf

That's helpful. The initial issue was worthy of investigation, but I don't understand how it would have been collusion.