Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Ripperoni is going to have a disastrous season and I want to watch every minute of it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

Oh poo poo, Hypershock/Sawblaze is gonna be sick

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

Was there some kind of malfunction going on with Whiplash? I don't think I saw their weapon ever spinning up, and the whole match seemed like something just wasn't working there.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

this is the first I've seen or heard of Doomba and I love it already

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I appreciate the idiotic purity of Overkill. Absolute peak Roomba With A Knife

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

Yeah, I feel like Ripperoni-Hijinx isn't going to be much of a fight unless Rip goes full chaos mode out there, although that's always a possibility. Hijinx just... isn't doing the thing.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

El Fideo posted:

There are some jobber bots I like and some jobber bots I don't care about. I like hijinx, but it might be more the aesthetic and the team. Jen Herchenroeder is the most fun as a captain.

Yeah, everything about Hijinx other than its performance is great. It's a charismatic enough bot and team that I really want it to do better, or at least look more like a contender instead of a tomato can.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

Yeah, this is an interesting card -- not a lot of obvious showstoppers, but a lot of weird fights, and it'll be interesting to see some of these bots get fights where they're not instantly getting exploded. Maybe optimistic, but I'm still riding the high of Big Dill looking plausible for three minutes against Madcatter, so LET'S GO CRAPBOTS

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I appreciate that the Mammoth flair breaks the format

Also, yeah, Ethan Kurtz, Apparently Just An rear end in a top hat is making me feel very charitable towards the Ewerts

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

Great Beer posted:

minibots that do nothing but high center opponents

To be fair, has any other minibot ever done anything effective in a fight? High-centering is about all they can do besides be mascots/get team kids some stick time.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

MVP of the episode is definitely the small child on Team Copperhead yelling "yay we won!" :kimchi:

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

ewe2 posted:

It really was a case of pointless appeals, not just Monsoon's. Shatter didn't understand the concept of control either. Basing your case on "they're running away" is not a winning strategy my man. That Shreddit Bro appeal came from nowhere. Why can't they be cool like Matt Spurk and just give them high-5's when he lost? Too busy being some gang or something.

Yeah, Shreddit Bro's really felt like a Hail Mary, which is sympathetic given that it sounds like that team is at risk of not getting asked back at all after their lack of success, but they had absolutely no case. I can almost understand Shatter playing the "our weapon worked, theirs didn't" card, and maybe just some general confusion because what the gently caress even was that fight, but it was a pretty shaky argument. In general, I suspect the teams aren't taking the right message from Team Malice's successful appeal -- that it was successful because Bunny Soriel had a concrete, objective argument for the judges to consider, and if you can't put together that level of argument, you're probably just wasting everyone's time.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

MikeNCR posted:

In the Horizon fight, both disks spun at the end. Probably not a shock that the judges were making extra sure they were watching for powered motion after the Malice/Valkyrie appeal.

Oh, okay -- I thought they'd lost a disk, which would make the Shatter appeal make more sense. Thanks for the clarification!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

Giving Mammoth extra weight for an exhibition show feels like a no-brainer. Every match makes it obvious how thin that 250 pounds is spread over the frame.