Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Remalle
Feb 12, 2020

I for one can't wait to see the triumphant return of the Obwalden Overlord.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Remalle
Feb 12, 2020

Finally caught up on the final episode. Incredibly happy to see two of my favourite teams in the finals, but a little sad that only one of them could finish off their incredible seasons with the win! Whoever won, it couldn't have been a more deserved championship. Unbelievable season all around, but Sawblaze and Huge were both absolutely perfect this year.

Remalle
Feb 12, 2020

The Golden Bolt tournament has been announced for October 5th!

E: lol learn to read, me

Remalle fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Sep 7, 2023

Remalle
Feb 12, 2020

If you're going to watch just one fight from the stream, it has to be Synthesis vs. Lynx and Droopy at the same time. Some of the finest driving I've ever seen.

Remalle
Feb 12, 2020

Yeah any ground changes to mess with the fork meta are also going to gently caress up speedy control bots like Claw Viper, which I don't think anybody wants.

Remalle
Feb 12, 2020

He was barely able to move under his own power the entire match, understandable that he'd be less than thrilled about it. That and it's been a long, stressful, high stakes day for him.

Remalle
Feb 12, 2020

PostNouveau posted:

Yeah that was the dude who was the first Hall of Famer? I thought it was weird because he seemed to have a bunch of weirdo gimmick bots, but it makes a lot more sense now
You're thinking of Mark Setrakian (also the guy who made the cool rotating claw display for the Giant Nut). Marc Thorpe is the guy who organized the very first Robot Wars events. They both got flags up that day!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Remalle
Feb 12, 2020

Keep those kind of edits for the post-fight replays then. "If you look closely you can see the exact moment his weapon breaks in two" style. Best of both worlds.

E: keep the height measurements too, in the replays. Those could be fun if they weren't constantly interrupting the action.

Remalle fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Nov 27, 2023