Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

the Huge-Mammoth fight truly had some of the weirdest physics possible

I laughed my rear end off during that fight. It was like watching one of those videos of Madden glitches.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Scrotum Modem posted:

as an american i want captain shredderator to lose everytime

You have to at least respect how on brand they are by doggedly sticking to an outdated model and learning absolutely nothing from their repeated failures.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Claw Viper is so incredibly fast :stare:

This has been one of the most fun storylines of the season. Can't wait to see how far they can go.

PostNouveau posted:

That slowmo of Copperhead getting high centered was very cool.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

I loved Triton's fingerpoke of doom.

Also watching Starchild get destroyed was weirdly uncomfortable. It looked like a dying animal.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

TomR posted:

Disappointed in Copperhead. Should have just gone weapon on weapon and let the gods sort it out.

I thought this too! You're like 90% weapon, why are you trying to get cute?!? Just go full rip & tear mode!!

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Great Beer posted:

Hypershock remains the most attractive robot.

Gotta agree with this since it's the one my 8 year old self would have picked.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Oh nice, I really enjoyed the format for the golden bolt.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Oh cool, Bil Dwyer is gonna be a host.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

The "if this happened in a restaurant" part seems especially ridiculous. It didn't happen at a restaurant, it happened at a professional sporting event. Coaches and players yelling at officials about calls they don't like is a standard thing that happens in every sport, and in any other sport it would be unconscionable to DQ an entire team before the finals because one person got heated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

ante posted:

Nah, I've been part of hackspaces, which have similar demographics and culture to these events, I'd imagine.

It's not a sports game*, it's a bunch of sweaty nerds, and you gotta stamp out lovely behaviour quick, or it'll gently caress up your culture. There's no winning for the administration that has to do the banning, either. It invariably leads to butthurt and conspiracy theories as we've already seen in this thread. But it's the least bad option, and you'll lose a lot more really good people if you don't.

"why do you think that's acceptable in sports games too? Just because it's the status quo doesn't mean it should be okay

Because it's an inherent part of competition. Like I'm sorry but the notion that nearly every sport has a hosed up culture because competitive people get heated is just silly.

Edit: or I guess you can just DQ any team that has someone get emotional and see what kind of culture that gets you

is pepsi ok fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Nov 12, 2023