Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AtraMorS
Feb 29, 2004

If at the end of a war story you feel that some tiny bit of rectitude has been salvaged from the larger waste, you have been made the victim of a very old and terrible lie

Railing Kill posted:

They seriously need a name on that trophy. It's not "The Golden Football" it's the goddamn Lombardi Trophy. Name it after Paul Ventimiglia or Ray Billings or something. Christ.
The trophy formerly known as the World Professional Football Championship wasn't named for Lombardi until a month or three after Lombardi died.

Just saying, might not want to make that your monkey-paw wish.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AtraMorS
Feb 29, 2004

If at the end of a war story you feel that some tiny bit of rectitude has been salvaged from the larger waste, you have been made the victim of a very old and terrible lie
Was there a case of deliberate arena fouling that prompted that change? I remember the Valkyrie driver's bot carved a really rad 3/4 circle in one of the floors but I can't remember anybody messing anything up on purpose.

AtraMorS
Feb 29, 2004

dwarf74 posted:

I remember a compressed canister of insulation foam. Maybe that?

I must've missed that one. It would explain the glitter/confetti/bubbles(?!) clarification though.

AtraMorS
Feb 29, 2004

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

I don't think there's been any major deliberate arena fouling lately in NHRL. The spinners gouging the floor is unlikely the reason for the rule, so they are maybe just worried about something else causing actual safety issues or production delays.
Got a great explanation for that particular rulechange tonight via a Housebot KO. The Housebot will be part of the arena (kind of like umpires are "part of the field" in football or baseball), and flipping the Housebot on purpose will count as arena fouling.

Well nevermind, that's wrong. On-air correction I guess. That would've made a lot of sense though.

AtraMorS fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Dec 6, 2023