Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

Man this is the first season of Battlebots ever that I'm just not feeling excited about. I think 85% of the field being a vertical spinner now is kinda bumming me out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004

Railing Kill posted:

God drat, Minotaur. God drat. :allears:

I actually stood up and started applauding when Minotaur finally flipped Cobalt over. What a great bot and great driver.

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Claw Viper is so incredibly fast :stare:

It seems like the dude has finally got the driving really dialed in. Either it's better at controlling now or he's got a lot of practice with it. I remember the first few seasons with it, it was almost out of control how fast it was and he was constantly just plowing head first into the walls.

Fish Of Doom fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Feb 20, 2023

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004

PostNouveau posted:

Next week

Claw Viper-Shatter
Monsoon-Gruff
Ripperoni-Glitch
Hypershock-Starchild

Hopefully Ripperoni takes this one, although I wouldn't mind seeing like half these bots win.

Disappointed no Witch Doctor in the Golden Bolt though. I thought they were setting them up against Hypershock in the last bracket or something.

Let's go Claw Viper vs. Hypershock finals. Two fastest bots in the sport.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004

Gruff's big moment its debut season was going head to head with Tombstone for the full 3 minutes in a super close fight. I think the show producers saw that were like, "wow, this thing can take a beating, we can just throw it in there with any spinner and get a great match." That and the announcers gave it the reputation of being durable, so that's the narrative, even though you can tell current Gruff isn't quite the same as the old one and has absolutely no game against verticals. I think they need a serious redesign because their current fork set up doesn't work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4HyBGnAsN8