Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

You can't fire me, my health won't allow it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

AndrewP posted:

that is an incredibly lame statement imo but I guess I'm glad he acknowledged it.

Justin Madubuike was called on a loving terrible one, too. I'm not sure how DL are supposed to sack a QB when they get called for flags every time because it "looks bad" to the ref.

I hated that call too because Madubuike did the exact opposite of driving the QB into the turf. He fell in a way that made sure that didn't happen.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Borsche69 posted:

we should absolutely have fullback also

Oh poo poo, good point

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

The year is 2048. The Patriots are coached by Bill Belichick’s brain in a jar. Matthew Slater is voted to his 37th pro bowl as a special teamer.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Keim is absolutely going to step down due to health and then collect a smaller paycheck and hang out in the owners box as an advisor for a few years.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Docjowles posted:

The year is 2048. The Patriots are coached by Bill Belichick’s brain in a jar. Matthew Slater is voted to his 37th pro bowl as a special teamer.

How many Super Bowl rings does Brady have now?

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Nervous posted:

How many Super Bowl rings does Brady have now?

0, they were all voided after his trial and conviction.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

You can't fire me, my health won't allow it

I'LL TAKE IT

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

sharknado slashfic posted:

Oh poo poo, good point

i am seriously curious about alec ingold though, because I know miami are supposed to have one of the worst rushing offenses in the nfl. but i checked his snap count and it wasn't super far off how much we use ricard. miami posters, does he just stay in as like a max protect blocker or something a bunch? or like he's in the backfield as a chip blocker because mostert/wilson or whoever isn't a great blocker?

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

My presumption with Tua leading the fan vote is that Miami fans have just been the most active voters this year.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

fartknocker posted:

0, they were all voided after his trial and conviction.

I drove my flying car that emits pure joy to watch this live. The future is a great place.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

fsif posted:

My presumption with Tua leading the fan vote is that Miami fans have just been the most active voters this year.

oh necessarily, it was just weird to see another team with heavy FB usage and then just a pretty trashy rushing attack to go with it

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I mean Tua is an extremely feel good story so him leading seems pretty free

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
yayyy waffleimages restoration found a gem I'd missed for years

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

https://twitter.com/BenAxelrod/status/1603082790177751044

Is there a way to bet against Stefanski getting fired? I don’t see any chance they axe him after the season. Joe Woods should be in his place, as well as Mike Priefer. Shocked that McDaniels isn’t on the list, if at least lower on it.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I don't think there's "no way" Stefanski stays, but the only way he had left as of a month ago by the sounds of it was entirely reliant on the rapist playing good upon returning

And uh

Uhhhhhh yeah that's been dire enough already I definitely understand why he's now almost as sure of a firing as Nathan "literally had people calling for his head halfway into his first month, he was That historically incompetent" Hackett

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Josh McDaniels continues to collect millions of dollars as a head coach and it’s just so amazing

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

If Stefanski got fired I’d want Baltimore to hire him as OC

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
I love our social media team so much

https://twitter.com/chargers/status/1603199171493736449?t=v00rPTaJx5rMnW0_krYV0w&s=19

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

This is great. I voted for him.

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
I might be crazy, but I think tonight's 9ers Hawks game will be good.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

MoaM posted:

You fool, you cannot tempt the gods like this in a game where the Seahawks are involved on thursday night.

It will be the most torturous 3 hours we've ever sat through and it will be a single score game which will make it seem like it was a good game to people who did not watch it.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

MoaM posted:

I think the 49ers are gonna put a loving clamp down on the Hawks, and Purdy will do next to nothing because he's playing thru an injury and we get some 13-7 shitfest.

CMC is going to get like 30 touches.

MaximilianK
Jan 8, 2022
N:

V: only $99

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Dude's kicking a 63 yard field goal from there.

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.

Grittybeard posted:

You fool, you cannot tempt the gods like this in a game where the Seahawks are involved on thursday night.

It will be the most torturous 3 hours we've ever sat through and it will be a single score game which will make it seem like it was a good game to people who did not watch it.

Dammit, my bad

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

This is amazing.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CmLJTMnAgbU/?igshid=NTdlMDg3MTY%3D

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Grittybeard posted:

3-2 is a one score game and I for one am looking forward to it.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Staley is a Coward now

https://twitter.com/benbbaldwin/status/1602661954799239168?t=A8lZvuDe4hUz0U6ifx57Qg&s=19

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Titans the least cowardly team, I'll take it.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
Real glad to see Huntley is playing Sunday. Without him there was little hope

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Kawalimus posted:

Real glad to see Huntley is playing Sunday. Without him there was little hope

He will beat the Browns

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

If anyone was still wondering why Pacheco took CEH's job

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Surprised the Bucs aren't higher with the coward Bowles.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

https://twitter.com/FieldYates/status/1603499624937181184

I guess Zeitler's injury is worse than we thought?

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

wandler20 posted:

there's still a few games left

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

He will beat the Browns

I really don't understand how the Browns are so bad. They've got one of the best RBs in the league, and really awesome wideouts and a couple of decent QBs (I think Brissett has been serviceable until Watson returned). Is it the defense? Or is it just being on the Browns that makes them bad?

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

trilljester posted:

I really don't understand how the Browns are so bad. They've got one of the best RBs in the league, and really awesome wideouts and a couple of decent QBs (I think Brissett has been serviceable until Watson returned). Is it the defense? Or is it just being on the Browns that makes them bad?

With a couple exceptions throughout the year (Texans game being most recent), the defense has been absolutely loving awful. Their highly-paid veteran secondary has been extraordinarily under-performing this year. Their run defense has been dogshit for a few years now, which the team refuses to address and instead hands out a quarter billy to a rapist (which, personally, I think he'll be back up to speed and just fine, minus the rapings, by next season).

Joe Woods, their DC, has a long history of being loving terrible. In 2020 playoffs vs the Chiefs, the Browns needed a stop on 3rd and 14 with 2 minutes left to get the ball back for one last drive, down by 5. Joe Woods called prevent-equivalent play and Chad loving Henne scrambled for 13 yards to make a short 4th and 1, which they converted and then proceeded to kneel the clock out and they went onto the AFC Championship. Joe Woods should have been fired and guillotined at midfield right then and there, but instead this ownership refuses to get rid of this dumb rear end in a top hat for some reason and he continues to be a plague on our defense.

edit: Short answer: it's the Browns, and they'll be terrible forever

Henrik Zetterberg fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Dec 16, 2022

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

wandler20 posted:

Gotta get into go situations to be able to make a choice in them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

trilljester posted:

The coaching is horrible and I will never stop harping on having called Stefanski a fraud on his coty campaign. He's loving galaxy brain in coach form.

Firing Joe Woods (dc) might've gotten them a couple extra wins but holy poo poo Stefanski is not it.

To add a note to the secondary there's 2 1sts and 2nds invested in that group. Woods defense is predicted on stopping the pass first. The linebackers are all pass coverage guys and it's still awful.

Ches Neckbeard fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Dec 16, 2022