Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doctor Teeth
Sep 12, 2008

hm

https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1604888539128385536

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Guess he lost the power struggle with Rodgers over whether the lizard people are living disguised among us, or puppeteering society unseen from the center of the earth.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Penisaurus Sex posted:

you never want a bloody finish. top 10 things you really don't want, just behind Skyline chili.

From what I've gleaned from TFF, bloody finishes and Skyline chili go hand in hand, no?

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Docjowles posted:

Guess he lost the power struggle with Rodgers over whether the lizard people are living disguised among us, or puppeteering society unseen from the center of the earth.

Footage of one of their previous discussions:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ut3I6gFmlls

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

That's the Ravens music

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Sometimes when I am sitting around not really doing anything I just think "The Bengals" to myself with no follow-up or context.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
https://twitter.com/NFL_DovKleiman/status/1604939073558282241?s=20&t=bnlFhETig0NC1ESzqePhbA

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Well end that 6 year streak.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

https://twitter.com/sgellison/status/1604943297444716554

The thing about Harbaugh is the more you poo poo on one of his coaches, the more likely he is to keep him

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Yeesh, that is one signing that has not worked out.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

AndrewP posted:

https://twitter.com/sgellison/status/1604943297444716554

The thing about Harbaugh is the more you poo poo on one of his coaches, the more likely he is to keep him

That's why the sacrifice this year must be Harbaugh.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

they are gonna get out of his contract lol

everything's coming up chargers

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Kawalimus posted:

I hope Harbaugh gets fired and finds a job in the Big 10 so we get the Harbowl every year to breathless coverage.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Kawalimus posted:

who's your replacement?

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1604917476348657664

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

AndrewP posted:

who's your replacement?

Ken Dorsey(preferred) or Shane Steichen from the Eagles.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Kawalimus posted:

Ken Dorsey(preferred) or Shane Steichen from the Eagles.

I think Harbs is a good coach who has kept the team competitive for a long time, but Shane Steichen would be a drat compelling hire

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

AndrewP posted:

I think Harbs is a good coach who has kept the team competitive for a long time, but Shane Steichen would be a drat compelling hire

Everyone has their expiration date. And however good someone thinks Harbaugh was in the past, if he is sticking by Greg Roman while he's wasting the career and possibly driving away the most talented player this organization has ever seen, then that date has come.

Nov 6, 2002

This is why Pro Bowl voting starts too soon.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Kawalimus posted:

Everyone has their expiration date. And however good someone thinks Harbaugh was in the past, if he is sticking by Greg Roman while he's wasting the career and possibly driving away the most talented player this organization has ever seen, then that date has come.

The Ravens had the #1 and #11 offenses in 2019-2020. The cracks started to show last season and completely broke once they lost Bateman this year.

Time to move on. But his tenure wasn't a total disaster.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Vegas confirming some soon to be breaking news...

https://twitter.com/JamieGatlin17/status/1604944962293997589
https://twitter.com/Ihartitz/status/1604947987645583364

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
There are very bleak rumors about Jalen Hurts health. And the point spread has moved from Cowboys -1.5 to Cowboys -5.5 in like the last 30 mins.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Qb with a broken collarbone? Time for another rule change

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
Finally the cowboys benefit from a QB with a broken collarbone

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

AndrewP posted:

The Ravens had the #1 and #11 offenses in 2019-2020. The cracks started to show last season and completely broke once they lost Bateman this year.

We were showing the exact same problems already with Bateman in. Though he certainly would have remedied things slightly. Offense disappearing in the 2nd half of the Bills game, and end of the Dolphins game.

No his tenure wasn't a disaster but a big part of that was that he was lucky to inherit a pretty good team which like 90% of coaches don't get to do. The 2007 debacle that got Billick canned was a mix of injuries and the team just having enough of Billick's schtick. So the 2008 team was a lot closer to the 2006 level of performance than the 2007 one.

edit: That is really sad to hear about Jalen Hurts. What a miserable thing to happen to a guy having such a monster of a year. These injuries are by far my most hated part of football.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Ok so not a collarbone, but Vegas clearly knew ahead of time.
https://twitter.com/Jeff_McLane/status/1604949897190547459

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

one of these times when they can afford it, the ravens need to trade up and draft an elite wr who is already complete. the kind of guy who is expected by all to be a top 5 pick. that way they can't frig him up. back me up on this one K

Nov 6, 2002

This Hurts guy is a fast healer.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Maybe TB would want to trade Mike Evans to help get out of cap hell when Brady leaves?

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Cavauro posted:

one of these times when they can afford it, the ravens need to trade up and draft an elite wr who is already complete. the kind of guy who is expected by all to be a top 5 pick. that way they can't frig him up. back me up on this one K

The problem is it can be hard to know who that is. Yeah there are Randy Mosses and Jamar Chases and Justin Jeffersons out there who can come right in and be dominant, maybe even on the Ravens. But most guys out there you put on the Ravens and they will flounder and deteriorate.

Not every top 5 guy is one of those guys. Some of those guys flounder too. And it can be impossible to tell if someone who was good one place might have been bad if they went somewhere else. Especially if that somewhere else was the Ravens who knows what might have happened. Maybe if it's a Calvin Johnson. But who would trade away a chance at him?

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

AndrewP posted:

Time to move on. But his tenure wasn't a total disaster.

Not a disaster at all, but yeah I've come around that a change of scenery is probably needed. I think these long term coaches start taking their jobs for granted at some point and then things start going downhill.

https://twitter.com/jonas_shaffer/status/1604937441374347265?s=20&t=CXrt2PPVDZUek5MbZWkkvQ

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

it needs to be a surefire top 5 pick and then it won't miss. i'm talking about julio, green, chase, cooper, justin blackmon or corey whatever from the titans. any of those guys. big hit

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

That's the exact kind of stupidity that kept us from possibly winning the 2019 playoff game against the Titans. "Well they're up, so we have to throw it 100 times instead of doing what we do best even though there's tons of time left and we can score pretty quick even with a ground-based attack". Absolute idiocy

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Cavauro posted:

it needs to be a surefire top 5 pick and then it won't miss. i'm talking about julio, green, chase, cooper, justin blackmon or corey whatever from the titans. any of those guys. big hit

that guy was George Pickens and they passed on him

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

No man can outrun the clock

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Harbaugh has to get us to the AFCCG at this point for me to even consider keeping him as something we should do.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

I'll let him know

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Cavauro posted:

Charles Rogers was the 2nd overall pick in 2003 and a bust. Keyshawn Johnson was the #1 overall pick but never lived up to that billing.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

sweet thursday posted:

No man can outrun the clock

That’s pretty smart, would you be interested in coaching the Indianapolis Colts?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Kawalimus posted:

Charles Rogers was the 2nd overall pick in 2003 and a bust. Keyshawn Johnson was the #1 overall pick but never lived up to that billing.

Those ones were considered big mistakes at the time. by very idiot franchises who were laughed at 100 years in a row for their drafting. the ravens are smart. i'm only talking about surefire. michael westbrook