Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

what's an alec ingold

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

sharknado slashfic posted:

Ravens Guard and kicker seems right

we should absolutely have fullback also

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

sharknado slashfic posted:

Oh poo poo, good point

i am seriously curious about alec ingold though, because I know miami are supposed to have one of the worst rushing offenses in the nfl. but i checked his snap count and it wasn't super far off how much we use ricard. miami posters, does he just stay in as like a max protect blocker or something a bunch? or like he's in the backfield as a chip blocker because mostert/wilson or whoever isn't a great blocker?

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

fsif posted:

My presumption with Tua leading the fan vote is that Miami fans have just been the most active voters this year.

oh necessarily, it was just weird to see another team with heavy FB usage and then just a pretty trashy rushing attack to go with it

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Hamhandler posted:

There really isn't any good reason why Ingold should make it over Ricard. He's fine- I think it's probably just that the offense generates a lot more plays where the fullback's block is this relatively flashy and obvious component of success. Same thing with Juszczyk, nether one of them are nearly as dominant run blockers as Ricard, it's just that he's doing more dirty work that's harder to appreciate or highlight.

This makes sense. I was just curious as to what an FB's role looks like in an offense that has a sheer volume of passing like Miami's. But yeah I can imagine Ingold getting some highlight reel blocks on like a screen where he gets to pancake a DB or off-ball LB.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

apparently he'd been having something nagging him for the last 5 or so weeks (or at least that's fan/zrebiec speculation) so it's not surprising it finally unraveled.

duvernay would be really sick on the chiefs or chargers. assuming that just being on the chargers doesn't injure him worse than he is now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

AndrewP posted:

Duv was really sick on the Ravens for about three weeks! back when the passing game was actually functional

we're not allowed to have nice things at wide receiver so i'm just automatically assuming he disappears into the ether