Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

I had a 97 A4 that was a rolling financial liability so I've felt this kind of pain. Excellent thread!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

STR posted:

Oh man. I almost jumped on the GMT train instead of the Lexry train, and honestly, still kinda wish I'd jumped on the GMT train - but they wanted an obscene amount of money for a GMT800 with 200k+ miles, so the Lexus won. Yeah, Lexus is a nicer vehicle, but a GMT800 is drat near bulletproof.

So much room to work on them. So easy to repair when poo poo hits them. So... much... room... for.... transmission swaps. :shepicide:

I love mine minus the fuel mileage. Omg it destroys fuel like the space shuttle, it's costing me $100 a week to get to work. Its motivating me to get the outback running again though.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

STR posted:

My commute with the Vic was pushing 500 miles a week - not counting tolls.

That stung my wallet so bad. I'm only working 5 days a week now instead of 7 tho, and an 11 mile drive each way now instead of 35. The downside is I'm in real rush hour on my way in, so I need to leave by.... 6:45. No more of that "leave by 3:30am so I can get in a fight with someone over a parking space, then if I'm lucky I can run my rear end off to catch an early bus instead of the next one, which gets me to the nearest time clock 15 minutes late instead of 30 minutes early" poo poo.

drat yea that's a long commute. Mines 16 each way but I get 15mpg absolute tops. Then last week had to use 4wd for snow cause I work second shift and leave at 11:30 before much plowing got done. My scangauge was showing 8.5mpg and it was 2 days before payday so I was sweating lol. It usually averages 13-14 at 65-70 no traffic.