Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

POWELL CURES KIDS posted:

the politics are obnoxious self-sucking libertarian bullshit, but it can be pretty goddamn funny

this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost

weezer album cover

POWELL CURES KIDS
Aug 26, 2016

they made a couple good jokes about some kind of promotional mulan secret sauce that mcdonald's did a million years ago, and it took off to the point that mcdonald's temporarily brought it back, and all the rick and morty goobers drove like 2 hours and bought out the entire stock immediately and threw hilarious baby tantrums when they couldn't get any more

as with all things the worst part about it is the fanbase, but in this case it's also the funniest

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
drat thats crazy lol

POWELL CURES KIDS
Aug 26, 2016

grown adult men spending half their day and a hundred dollars worth of gas to throw baby temper tantrums over some kind of movie sauce that a cartoon told them to like

justifies the show in and of itself

Red and Black
Sep 5, 2011

the politics are obnoxious self-sucking libertarian bullshit, but it can be pretty goddamn funny

Maybe I'm just dense, but I haven't seen a particular political ideology expressed throughout Rick and Morty. Sometimes they'll make a joke related to politics, but nothing that actually has a real perspective

Like in one episode rick summons a creature that's a glutton for pain and then says its a metaphor for capitalism. And then later in the same episode a whole bunch of people are put in to huge man-sized blenders and ripped to pieces to power a machine and he says something like "and I thought my metaphor for capitalism was on the nose". You could argue that its a criticism of capitalism, but its also a very small and fleeting part of the episode.

Red and Black has issued a correction as of 18:51 on Dec 15, 2022

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

grown adult men spending half their day and a hundred dollars worth of gas to throw baby temper tantrums over some kind of movie sauce that a cartoon told them to like

justifies the show in and of itself

haha ya

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

so is rick like mexican or what's going on

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
cuban probably

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

SpaceGoku posted:

so is rick like mexican or what's going on

its got good jokes for kids and adults to enjoy

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

if you dont find rick and morty funny its because you dont know the pain of being the smartest person in the room surrounded by people that dont respect you

sorry

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

first mistake is respecting and thinking highly of yourself

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Riot Bimbo posted:

first mistake is respecting and thinking highly of yourself

Are you a rick and morty writer???

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Ill be honest: I enjoy the show without having any extremely pathetic thoughts about if its politics fit mine

VideoKid
Jul 28, 2006

the show is ok. I’ll put it on for background noise when I’m doing laundry or something.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

ive never seen rick and morty and i probably wont ever watch it. but maybe i will one day.

Car Hater
May 7, 2007

wolf. bike.
Wolf. Bike.
Wolf! Bike!
WolfBike!
WolfBike!
ARROOOOOO!
The theme song sounds like someone playing with fart sounds on a synthesizer

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Control Volume posted:

Ill be honest: I enjoy the show without having any extremely pathetic thoughts about if its politics fit mine

*watching Frasier* hmmm, Frasier's cop dad seems a bit Fash to me, methinks the writers betray their true feelings

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

believing you're immune to the influence of messaging in media is about as crack-headed as thinking you'll just do that heroin once a month, as a treat

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

i am absolutely immune to the messaging in rick and morty and if you're not you have a weak mind

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

alright rick

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Riot Bimbo posted:

believing you're immune to the influence of messaging in media is about as crack-headed as thinking you'll just do that heroin once a month, as a treat

And?

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Riot Bimbo posted:

alright rick

i'm not rick

i'm the joker baby

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
Joker's rick

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

watching rick and morty. do I dare laugh, knowing what poisons may seep into my soul if I do?

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

watching rick and morty. do I dare laugh, knowing what poisons may seep into my soul if I do?

You invite Satan into yourself if you commit such sinful acts. Beware

VideoKid
Jul 28, 2006

Riot Bimbo posted:

you’re right cartoons are just as addictive as heroin grandma

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

What are the politics of House of Cosbys

Morbus
May 18, 2004

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

I'M PICKLE RICHARD RORTY. WUBA LUBBA DUB DUBBBB

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Morbus posted:

I'M PICKLE RICHARD RORTY. WUBA LUBBA DUB DUBBBB

shuddering like Jordan Peterson. I can feel my mind being corrupted by the bad politics of the writers.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Riot Bimbo posted:

i can stop using heroin if i just use this lsd instead

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Rick sanchez farts loudly and something unnatural bubbles up from my belly before expelling itself in a horrific cry of amusement. I know then that I am beyond redemption

Cromulent_Chill
Apr 6, 2009

It's all incest jokes now

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

does he really turn himself into a pickle

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Bro Dad posted:

does he really turn himself into a pickle

He does 🤣

Unless