Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

This scene was brilliant. Just a full on middle finger to their own toxic fan base

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unless
Jul 24, 2005

I art

the ricklantis mixup is probably the most popular media about capitalist realism and commodification of resistance

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uL6an7QZ8bQ

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

This scene was brilliant. Just a full on middle finger to their own toxic fan base

Red and Black
Sep 5, 2011

Finally my posts are getting the recognition they deserve

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

spacemang_spliff posted:

the show gets praised for it's writing but like every episode is basically "there's never any consequences for Rick because he's the smartest strongest most clever person in the universe and he can never fail"

Rick did this on purpose. There are "infinite realities" but the only ones Rick can travel to are ones where he is the smartest person in that reality, so he can't ever fail.

Evil Morty's whole deal was to break out of that continuity.

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3 posted:

Rick did this on purpose. There are "infinite realities" but the only ones Rick can travel to are ones where he is the smartest person in that reality, so he can't ever fail.

Evil Morty's whole deal was to break out of that continuity.

This season was brilliant. Just a full on middle finger to their own toxic fan base

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

I like to call it Brick and Mortar or Ricky Morty so people know I'm not one of the "weirdo" fans, I can goof around about the show too

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
One time an old friend called me and left a drunken voice message about how he missed me and we were like Rick and Morty and called me his Rick. I thought this was a little odd at the time, before I saw the show.

now I don't talk to him anymore.

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

A Bakers Cousin posted:

One time an old friend called me and left a drunken voice message about how he missed me and we were like Rick and Morty and called me his Rick. I thought this was a little odd at the time, before I saw the show.

That’s the weirdest intervention I’ve ever heard about.

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

A Bakers Cousin posted:

lol

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:

Trixie Hardcore posted:

That’s the weirdest intervention I’ve ever heard about.

yeah when you're drunk everyone else kinda also sounds drunk

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

This season was brilliant. Just a full on middle finger to their own toxic fan base

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

hey fan base🖕

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

lumpentroll posted:

hey fan base🖕

Hahaha, I love this! Wooo!

Ardennes
May 12, 2002
I never liked anyone really into Rick and Morty.

Ardennes has issued a correction as of 05:08 on Dec 17, 2022

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
They ruined the premise immediately. In the pilot, Rick Sanchez is not the only person who can travel to other dimensions. They go to interdimensional customs on that planet, which looks like a regular airport, to smuggle megaseeds in his minor grandson's rear end. The bug people have interdimensional portal technology. Rick Sanchez is not special. His gun is handheld, so that might be something, but interdimensional travel itself is not special.

Almost immediately this is retconned to establish that Rick's portal tech is unique in the multiverse.

Just a full on middle finger to their own toxic fan base.

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3 posted:

They ruined the premise immediately. In the pilot, Rick Sanchez is not the only person who can travel to other dimensions. They go to interdimensional customs on that planet, which looks like a regular airport, to smuggle megaseeds in his minor grandson's rear end. The bug people have interdimensional portal technology. Rick Sanchez is not special. His gun is handheld, so that might be something, but interdimensional travel itself is not special.

Almost immediately this is retconned to establish that Rick's portal tech is unique in the multiverse.

Just a full on middle finger to their own toxic fan base.

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

Hahaha, I love this! Wooo!

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

AnimeIsTrash posted:

been hearing this a lot

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

A Bakers Cousin posted:

p. sure he meant the pilot epi.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOBoKxEcVAA

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

CRAZY KNUCKLES FAN
Aug 12, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

lumpentroll posted:

hey fan base🖕

CRAZY KNUCKLES FAN
Aug 12, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6yg4ImnYwA

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

CRAZY KNUCKLES FAN
Aug 12, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

PyPy
Sep 13, 2004

by vyelkin
this show was good before they let FEMALES on the writing staff

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
The court case that they dubbed over with Rick and Morty's voices made me laugh.

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=2166694040220868

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

PyPy posted:

this show was good before they let FEMALES on the writing staff

woke n morty

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

I thought my ideas were so clear. I wanted to make an honest post. No lies whatsoever.

https://twitter.com/lushsux/status/916945356671410176

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Rick and morty season:

2 episodes that are bad because they're too moody
2 episodes that are bad because they're too meta
2 episodes that are just regular bad
2 episodes that are passable
2 episodes that are good and almost but not quite make up for the bad ones

Its a standard dan harmon production.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Salt Fish posted:

Rick and morty season:

Multiple episodes are thinly veiled material for dan harmon’s incest fetish

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

its pretty wacky and epic that the kid has an old guy name like morty

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN

lobster shirt posted:

its pretty wacky and epic that the kid has an old guy name like morty

betchu thought Rick was a white guy name well psych! now we have a pass to send Rick to the margarita planet to shoot sombrero aliens

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Trixie Hardcore posted:

I haven’t seen the show and assumed it was bad because of the commercials but then I heard they were getting McDonald’s to bring the Mulan Szechuan Sauce back which is the best dipping sauce they’ve ever made so I thought maybe the show was good but then a bunch of grown men did pickle terrorism in McDonald’s so hard that McDonald’s will definitely never bring the sauce back so I think the show is irredeemable now.

the sauce is still available iirc

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Salt Fish posted:

Rick and morty season:

it’s a higher batting average than most shows

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

the Rick and Morty thread on these very forums is a bastion of good analysis and great vibes :) I encourage anyone reading this post to pop on in and introduce yourself :)

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

lumpentroll posted:

hey fan base🖕

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRAZY KNUCKLES FAN
Aug 12, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
most of the good episodes are in seasons 1 or 2 with a couple exceptions