Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

I've said it before and I'll say it again:

The Nittany Lion is an absolute dogshit mascot. Looks like it got pulled from the dumpster of a thrift store.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Crescent Wrench posted:

Oof, this happened last year too? That is pretty rough. I guess we can't know if they would have kept pace with Penn State and made this a shoot-out. But the offense is definitely humming, and agreed with Komet that Clifford is giving the program a nice gift on his way out the door by finally turning up for a huge game.

I don't think Utah could've kept pace. They're really not good playing from behind.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

The only thing Utah had on offense was Rising heroball and you can't play an entire game like that

Pull the starters when

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

Cthulu Carl posted:

I've said it before and I'll say it again:

The Nittany Lion is an absolute dogshit mascot. Looks like it got pulled from the dumpster of a thrift store.

the horror lion kicks rear end

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Roasted Donut posted:

☝️

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Roasted Donut posted:

It's not even that horrific.

Clemson's mascot is lovely too, but at least has the crazed meth eyes. Nittany Lion has nothing and should be put back in the dumpster they dig it out of every year.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Holy poo poo that punt

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

The part where he looks like he's fashioned from old towels makes him endearing.

Also his head is a football helmet with fur

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
ESPN so happy Rising is hurt so they have something to talk about.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.
Butah not going to do anything w dink and dunk down 3 scores

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Congrats Clifford

I wrote many angry posts about you, but a Rose Bowl is a nice way to go out

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Congrats Clifford

I wrote many angry posts about you, but a Rose Bowl is a nice way to go out

yeah. bless him for saving his best game for tonight i suppose. i was getting misty watching him come off the field and hug everyone, no lie

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Penn State was probably winning this one anyway but it did make the second half much less fun.

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

Nice garbage touchdown.

Roasted Donut posted:

yeah. bless him for saving his best game for tonight i suppose. i was getting misty watching him come off the field and hug everyone, no lie

Same

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
Vacate it

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer
Nice to see Sean Clifford go out on such a high note. He didn't just muddle through this, he played great. I definitely didn't see a Rose Bowl win coming this year!

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!
Rose Bowl Champs. Extremely blessed. This year certainly surpassed my offseason prediction. Should be really good again next year too

Roasted Donut fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Jan 3, 2023

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!
quote is not edit

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

I'm in elated shock

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011
Interesting to see what Penn State looks like after the decade of Clifford at qb

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

Rectal Placenta posted:

Interesting to see what Penn State looks like after the decade of Clifford at qb

Probably better.

But hats off to Clifford. He played the best game of his career when he needed it most

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Figures that the arcane milk-related ritual Harbaugh engaged in that hosed over the B1G after the Fiesta bowl would skip Penn State.

Jim Harbaugh is truly history's greatest monster.

wernox
Mar 26, 2001

I gave up my OG title for this.
it was a bad day to be a train appreciator.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

they're having the fcs title game now

a dakota war

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Vertical Lime posted:

they're having the fcs title game now

a dakota war

The Jackrabbits might be doing it...

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

That play whipped rear end lmao

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

This game rules.

Bizon shook

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

JAZZ JACKRABBIT

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Alaois posted:

The Jackrabbits might be doing it...

they did it

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
I assumed the Jacks were probably gonna win, but what a complete drubbing.

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011

Deki posted:

I assumed the Jacks were probably gonna win, but what a complete drubbing.

I have a cousin who played for them but graduated last season. Bummer he missed out.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

TCU is in for a world of hurt. Stetson got his hair cut back into a fade today:

https://twitter.com/GeorgiaFootball/status/1612177708901072896/photo/1

why is this a problem for them? Because there is statistical data showing that when Stet rocks a fade, he literally plays better:

https://twitter.com/ChapelBellCurve/status/1612228409534435329

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
I think I'm gonna make a Champ Game GDT, stand by.