Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe

SweetMercifulCrap! posted:

The second half of March 2020.

Watching the entire world meltdown as we all collectively sat at home doomscrolling endlessly. Then a bunch of crazy photos and videos started popping up like empty Times Square and stuff.

The coolest photo I ever saw was the Muslim mecca being empty and silent during pilgrimage time. Normally dozens of people would be there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe

You Are A Elf posted:

I’ll never forget the moment the 2020 US presidential race was called for Biden. People were celebrating in the streets all over the country and watching it occur in real time through multiple tweets and news sources was something incredible to behold.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHs6Z_U5E0Q
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eaIurXsX4kg

Thing is, we weren’t celebrating Biden in the White House, we were celebrating Trump leaving it. Regardless, it was like experiencing the ending of Return of the Jedi in real life :allears:

Trump having his conference in front of some landscape store. :allears:

I'm not American so I avoided any election news at first (because I didn't need anymore mental stress) so I thought Trump won at first for some reason.

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe

Zugzwang posted:

Four Seasons Total Landscaping was one of the funniest things I’ve ever seen.

Its one those things that I thought was some kind of comedy skit at first