Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Mega64 posted:

It is halftime and the Colts are leading 33-0.

This is the best game.

I love this post.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

This Vikings team is doing nothing but making their inevitable playoff flop hurt worse, the only question is “can they pull off a playoff win or two before they come back down to earth violently, as is their destiny?”

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I dunno, maybe you should hire a head coach, Colts.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

shyduck posted:

Good news Matt Ryan, you don't have to hear about 28-3 as much anymore

Somehow I think the Superbowl will be remembered a bit more then a Saturday december game

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

MJeff posted:

I dunno, maybe you should hire a head coach, Colts.

this is one of my favorite results from this game. it'll be used as evidence for why you don't hire random dudes with zero coaching experience.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?

DC Murderverse posted:

This Vikings team is doing nothing but making their inevitable playoff flop hurt worse, the only question is “can they pull off a playoff win or two before they come back down to earth violently, as is their destiny?”

The Vikings pulling off TWO playoffs wins would be enormous -- they haven't managed that in 25 years.

I have zero faith in this team, but maybe that's the secret.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

Kalli posted:

Somehow I think the Superbowl will be remembered a bit more then a Saturday december game

luckily both are in the record books now!

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
look on the bright side, the colts have a better shot at drafting a brand spankin' new quarterback

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

shyduck posted:

Good news Matt Ryan, you don't have to hear about 28-3 as much anymore

At one point the point difference in the 2nd half was 28-3, it ain't going away

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

i had to leave before halftime what the absolute gently caress happened

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

kidcoelacanth posted:

i had to leave before halftime what the absolute gently caress happened

Jeff Shaturday

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
The crazy thing is I watched the game from start to finish and I still couldn't tell you how they pulled it off.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Eifert Posting posted:

The crazy thing is I watched the game from start to finish and I still couldn't tell you how they pulled it off.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Eifert Posting posted:

Respect to the sickos like you on this forum who stick with a game even after a 3 score lead is established.

John McClane
Nov 14, 2011
Komeback Kirk Kousins, or Komeback King Kirk?

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
The non-mystical explanation is that the Colts played like absolute dogshit on both sides of the ball for almost the entire second half. The offense went 3-and-out like seven times, and the defense got completely picked apart, with the only highlights being a few sacks. And on the other side, the Vikings stopped giving the ball away on offense and started shutting down the run.

The mystical explanation is of course that Matt Ryan has been cursed by the ghost of the grad student he murdered in that state park outside Atlanta.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
https://twitter.com/KedgeOnline/status/1604238476022583298

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Matt Ryan choking in this fashion to Kirk Cousins of all people invites a physics conundrum that rivals the impossible quest for nuclear fusion

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Relentlessboredomm posted:

this is one of my favorite results from this game. it'll be used as evidence for why you don't hire random dudes with zero coaching experience.

Frank Reich would have just lost it by two scores outright though.

TDepressionEarl
Oct 28, 2010

I'm trying to win the World Cup
but I'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps playing Argentina onside

rjmccall posted:

The non-mystical explanation is that the Colts played like absolute dogshit on both sides of the ball for almost the entire second half. The offense went 3-and-out like seven times, and the defense got completely picked apart, with the only highlights being a few sacks. And on the other side, the Vikings stopped giving the ball away on offense and started shutting down the run.

The mystical explanation is of course that Matt Ryan has been cursed by the ghost of the grad student he murdered in that state park outside Atlanta.

but the VIkings didn't stop giving the ball away on offense

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

rjmccall posted:

And on the other side, the Vikings stopped giving the ball away on offense

They actually still gave it away, Kirk had a fourth quarter INT. The Colts just went 3-and-out within a minute after it that made it not matter

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

rjmccall posted:

The funny thing is the Colts probably got that 1st down that would've won the game but who gives a gently caress when the Vikings also got a TD taken off the board and also YOU BLEW A loving 33-0 LEAD.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

I am sad that we were deprived of not just another tie on the season, but the first team ever with two ties in one year. Very selfish act by the Vikings.

Also, a wild rear end Vikings came down to a field goal, and they made it? We are in uncharted waters here.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I'm big mad I slept through the first game and missed it and now have to watch this browns and ravens.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Matty Yikes

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Dammit Indy

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Frank Reich would have just lost it by two scores outright though.

thus avoiding becoming the loser in the greatest comeback in history. seems like an improvement to me

MJeff posted:

The funny thing is the Colts probably got that 1st down that would've won the game but who gives a gently caress when the Vikings also got a TD taken off the board and also YOU BLEW A loving 33-0 LEAD.

yea it needs to be said that the reffing being truly atrocious just contributed to the clownball vibes

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

Docjowles posted:

I am sad that we were deprived of not just another tie on the season, but the first team ever with two ties in one year. Very selfish act by the Vikings.

Also, a wild rear end Vikings came down to a field goal, and they made it? We are in uncharted waters here.

Charges in 70 and a few teams in the late 60s had 3 ties, a bunch had 2 ties in 73. It would have been the first 2-tie season in nearly 50 years though yeah.

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
The first two-tie season since they added OT to the regular season, I think someone said.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Hmm ok. I could have sworn the announcers said it would be the first but I must have misheard.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

rjmccall posted:

The first two-tie season since they added OT to the regular season, I think someone said.

Ahh that would make sense.

I think the Steelers came close in the early aughts, maybe that mud punt game would have given them 2?

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Eifert Posting posted:

It was a glorious goddamn trainwreck. :allears:

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

rjmccall posted:

Docjowles posted:

Hmm ok. I could have sworn the announcers said it would be the first but I must have misheard.

Yeah, the announcers did say it could be the first two-tie season, which is obviously wrong. However, AFAIK based on a quick check of Google during the GDT, all the teams with multi-tie seasons were before the NFL added overtime in the regular season in like 1973 or so.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
There's still four more weeks and two rematches against the teams that tied each other, so we could still get a two-tie team.

I believe.

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
Matt Ryan is the least clutch quarterback in NFL history and tbh I don't even think there's a close second.

John McClane
Nov 14, 2011
does chandon sullivan get to at least give the refs a swirlie still for taking away two defensive tds from him

if they'd lost i'd upgrade that to at least aggravated assault

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

MaximilianK
Jan 8, 2022
You hear that?

It's Matt Ryan trying to hold back tears.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Vikings have been in maybe the two best games now this year.

Week 10 at Bills
Week 15 vs Colts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/johnewing/status/1604262758538674176