Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

I feel a lot worse for the people that had the vikes at -3.5, after all that they had a legit chance in OT lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
MATT RYAN RETIRE TO TRAIL RUNNING BINCH

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

https://twitter.com/statmuse/status/1604237753490632704

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=465GqT_EuUA

I love how this is and will forever be his lasting legacy.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Jeff Saturday Coach of the Year

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Jeff Saturday is a terrible advertisement for the NFLs new idle game on mobile, coming to your devices Q1 2023.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Kirios posted:

I love how this is and will forever be his lasting legacy.

Poor guy had a for real pretty awesome career until the last couple/three years. But absolutely nothing that is more memorable than 28-3 and this.

Arguably neither are his fault assuming he didn't audible into stuff, just run clock and play a little tiny bit of defense and you win both games. But run the plays called and a few incomplete passes and sacks later and here we are.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
man Greg Roman is awful lmao

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
People sure are trying to dunk on Matt Ryan as if the dude is not clearly only sticking around to get a paycheck. He has been 99% checked out since 28-3, let alone the Falcons trying to upend him for Deshaun, that there is nothing we can do to faze him. He is gonna purposely lose a 50-0 game next season just to get his name further in the record books.

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
Quote nort edit

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

A big flaming stink posted:

man Greg Roman is awful lmao

To be honest if he were a running game coordinator or whatever he might be the absolute best one in the entire NFL. But he has no mind for passing whatsoever

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Brad Pitt in moneyball voice yeah...

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Kawalimus posted:

To be honest if he were a running game coordinator or whatever he might be the absolute best one in the entire NFL. But he has no mind for passing whatsoever

He was a really good OC under Harbaugh in San Francisco. He completely turned Alex Smith around in one offseason for one thing. He'll land somewhere as a coordinator again.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

mllaneza posted:

He was a really good OC under Harbaugh in San Francisco. He completely turned Alex Smith around in one offseason for one thing. He'll land somewhere as a coordinator again.

he has some kind of time limit to him i suppose

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

harbaugh probably ruined greg roman.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Whoever said snow games are bad was wrong.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Cavauro posted:

harbaugh probably ruined greg roman.

Please troll better.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
What's crazy about this 33-0 is I'm pretty sure the refs blew some awful calls against the Vikings in the second half and the Colts still blew it.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Please troll better.
What?

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Miami played well but are regressing to 8-8, their natural state :hmmyes:

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

What's crazy about this 33-0 is I'm pretty sure the refs blew some awful calls against the Vikings in the second half and the Colts still blew it.

The Vikes had not one, but TWO scoop-and-scores by the same guy called back. There was also something else in the second half. Colts got given at least three black-and-white gifts and did nothing with 'em.

Not that the Vikings dominated, you can't say any game where you give up 33 points in a half is a good game, but Jesus God Almighty. That was definitely, unquestionably, one of the games of all time.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Redeye Flight posted:

The Vikes had not one, but TWO scoop-and-scores by the same guy called back. There was also something else in the second half. Colts got given at least three black-and-white gifts and did nothing with 'em.

Not that the Vikings dominated, you can't say any game where you give up 33 points in a half is a good game, but Jesus God Almighty. That was definitely, unquestionably, one of the games of all time.

From a mostly neutral perspective it was such an entertainingly hilariously poorly played, reffed, and coached game. Nothing about it was good but it was still ridiculously beautiful in its way. I'm glad I got to experience it.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

Redeye Flight posted:

Was that the phantom facemask call?

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Grittybeard posted:

From a mostly neutral perspective it was such an entertainingly hilariously poorly played, reffed, and coached game. Nothing about it was good but it was still ridiculously beautiful in its way. I'm glad I got to experience it.

Yeah. This season has been the best one in a long, long time, and hopefully that wasn't the peak

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Jim Harbaugh is a saint and I will not hear him spoken against.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Jim Harbaugh is a saint and I will not hear him spoken against.

there's another harbaugh?

Mister Perky
Aug 2, 2010
Colts may have missed out on the first two tie season since the invention of OT, but take heart, with the addition of the 17th game they still have a chance at the first "two midseason head coach firings in a year" season.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Borsche69 posted:

there's another harbaugh?

I keep forgetting about the Ravens.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

I keep forgetting about the Ravens.

who?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

I don't know!

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
I saw a matinee screening of the new Avatar in the twin cities today. Movie started right around halftime. After the movie ended a chorus of yaups erupted as people checked their phones and saw the game score.

Ginger Beer Belly
Aug 18, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Mods: Brock Purdy had his day in the sun in the thread title. It now needs to be "Saturday's child is full of woe".

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Ginger Beer Belly posted:

Mods: Brock Purdy had his day in the sun in the thread title. It now needs to be "Saturday's child is full of woe".

As a Niner's fan I can't argue with this. But I want a return engagement if he wins the Superbowl.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
John Harbaugh's comments: We need to throw the ball better.

I've been saying it for years, this guy is absolutely CLUELESS. Edwards and Dobbins were making GBS threads on the Browns. In that first drive if we run Edwards instead of Ricard we probably get the first down and maybe a touchdown on the next set of downs. We have Edwards specifically for that short yardage purpose. Use him!

You don't do a FB dive on 4th and 1. I don't really like that call to begin with but it can be an ok call on like 2nd and 1 when teams are a little cautious you might take a risk on the favorable down. And even sometimes it's ok on 3rd. But on a 4th down when Gus Edwards is out there it makes absolutely no sense to call a FB dive to Ricard. Because the Browns are expecting you to go straight ahead, and using Ricard instead of Edwards does nothing but put us down one blocker(and a very good blocker at that!) and doesn't have a running start.

We don't need to "throw the ball better". We need to play better situational football, and get someone in here who understands how to construct a passing game. And that isn't John Harbaugh.

So bring in Dorsey or if you can't get him I've heard the guy from Philadelphia is pretty good too. Get a guy who knows how to work an offense around your team's strengths and have him running the team. And cross our fingers that Lamar even wants to come back to this inept organization when this season is over. I wouldn't come back to a John Harbaugh team if I were him.

Also: Anyone else think Mark Andrews seems completely checked out? He's gone back to what he was a couple years ago where he just can't make any contested catch. If anyone's anywhere around him that ball's going on the ground. Maybe his injury lingers somehow though I don't recall seeing it on any reports.

Kawalimus fucked around with this message at 11:42 on Dec 18, 2022

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/carolinahuddle/status/1604445959802560512?s=46&t=IrJJsmbnWQ9u_lAPEAinYQ

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.

Kawalimus posted:

Also: Anyone else think Mark Andrews seems completely checked out? He's gone back to what he was a couple years ago where he just can't make any contested catch. If anyone's anywhere around him that ball's going on the ground. Maybe his injury lingers somehow though I don't recall seeing it on any reports.

Perhaps he is facing 3rd and long (COVID).

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

As OP I would support a title change to something denigrating the Colts as well

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

here's my thread title contribution: The Bills and Dolphins had a good one with snow at the end. (Editing to add this last bit - Don't put this part in the title) It was a great game

Cavauro fucked around with this message at 15:50 on Dec 18, 2022

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Up shit creek with a turd for a paddle.

Welp, Ridder looked decent after he settled in and the Falcons were going to win that game if London could hold on to the football. Not a bad debut.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
LIONS, BINCH

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Jags win and didn't even need it to come from a Trev pass