Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Highbrow Slick
Jul 1, 2007

it is a fool who stays alive - but such fools are we.
Vilma on that play sounded like Steve Martin in The Jerk when he discovers what his special purpose is for

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Just saw the Pats play. :lol: at Mac Jones being suddenly called on to make a tackle and getting run over like a little kid.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

PostNouveau posted:

Just saw the Pats play. :lol: at Mac Jones being suddenly called on to make a tackle and getting run over like a little kid.

Mac getting brutally stiff armed into the earths crust is my favorite part of that play

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Pouty Tom Brady pleases me greatly.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Relentlessboredomm posted:

Mac getting brutally stiff armed into the earths crust is my favorite part of that play

Mac Jones could never have imagined that happening. Like, this play is busted, time for OT, oh no a DE who has 60 pounds and 6 inches on me is running right the gently caress through me.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Not only was it an awful decision to make that throw, but the pass was also extremely bad.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

i really don't think mac jones did anything wrong on that play because the throw was so bad, but seeing him get stiff-armed directly to hell was viscerally satisfying in a way that only football can deliver

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

Mac Trucked

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
I COMMEND YOU THOMAS BRADY FOR A ROUSING BATTLE OF HANDEGG

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

kidcoelacanth posted:

i really don't think mac jones did anything wrong on that play because the throw was so bad, but seeing him get stiff-armed directly to hell was viscerally satisfying in a way that only football can deliver

That he did nothing wrong makes it even funnier

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

PostNouveau posted:

That he did nothing wrong makes it even funnier

100% agreed

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president
even when the nfc east is "good" i appreciate that they still keep that clownball flavor

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Ha, we've got a 'laces out!' in the wild from a former pretty good punter:

https://twitter.com/dustincolquitt2/status/1604644021468626944

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

refs call an extremely ticky tack illegal formation that didn't matter but wont call PI in the endzone

lol

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

refs call an extremely ticky tack illegal formation that didn't matter but wont call PI in the endzone

lol

Usually Cris isn't worth listening to but I think he was right that it was weird that Mclaurin looked like he was checking with the ref letting him know he was trying to line up on the line and the ref just let him stand there and threw the flag.

They usually seem to do you a solid if you're off and let you know.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

I don't think Mac Jones understood anything that was happening. Suddenly Chandler Jones was charging towards him and he froze, like a deer in headlights.
His next conscious awareness after the handoff is being facedown in the turf.

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

RC and Moon Pie posted:

"This might be one of the dumbest things I've seen"

https://twitter.com/Pickswise/status/1604641365987663872

Raiders side:

https://twitter.com/timcates/status/1604643491853656065

Interstiffarm!

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Lance of Llanwyln posted:

I don't think Mac Jones understood anything that was happening. Suddenly Chandler Jones was charging towards him and he froze, like a deer in headlights.
His next conscious awareness after the handoff is being facedown in the turf.

Maybe Jakobi Meyers just really hates Mac Jones and saw an opportunity to turn the tables and throw him a bodybag pass.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

kidcoelacanth posted:

shout out to jonathan vilma's call on that play. "uh oh! uh oh!! oh no!! oh wow!!!"

I love that call because it's an honest brain to mouth reaction without any filter. Just caveman thoughts for seeing one of the dumbest plays ever.

Also the "uh oh" makes me think of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfcQreCtvO4

Codependent Poster fucked around with this message at 05:59 on Dec 19, 2022

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

oh i wasn't being sarcastic i loving loved it

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

absolutely

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

kidcoelacanth posted:

shout out to jonathan vilma's call on that play. "uh oh! uh oh!! oh no!! oh wow!!!"

and before that he was like "is anyone gonna tackle him or" when Rhamondre Stevenson was just slipping through every defender's arms

Mister Perky
Aug 2, 2010

this really needs to be the next play to enter the canon of NFL Lore plays that are known by catchy nicknames. But I don't know what its would be.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Mister Perky posted:

this really needs to be the next play to enter the canon of NFL Lore plays that are known by catchy nicknames. But I don't know what its would be.

It's gotta be the Las Vegas Lateral.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Gonz posted:

It's gotta be the Las Vegas Lateral.

jackpot

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

It's the rudest thing I can remember seeing in a football game in a long long time.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

The Vegas Stiffy

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 11 minutes!
TFF is all soft, don't even think their franchise qb should be down the field blocking for a last play lateral bonanza :colbert:

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Me, watching the Pats terminally poo poo themselves

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NV-p_-OvUnA

lol, lmao, indeed

Maybe they will fire Patricia and / or Judge and / or Steve but probably not

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
So uh any chance NFL Films happened to have folks recording Belicheck on the sideline during that last play?

ghosthorse
Dec 15, 2011

...you forget so easily...
Matt Ryan must be happier than any of us about that last play

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

I dunno why, but the announcer screaming "ON THE FIRST NIGHT OF HANUKKAH!!" Is really funny to me.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

I want a 30 for 30 on this play in 10 years.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

Horowitz is the replacement Raiders radio guy for Brent Musberger and this poor guy has been subject to some goofy poo poo in his first year

epic bacon
Sep 19, 2022

as the tale of the play is told countless times over the years, eventually the story will evolve into it being Tom Brady that was actually trucked, and it will be glorious

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

Cthulu Carl posted:

I dunno why, but the announcer screaming "ON THE FIRST NIGHT OF HANUKKAH!!" Is really funny to me.

If this is just the first night of Hanukkah, I feel like I've been a fool for celebrating Christmas all these years.

Apples McGrind
Oct 13, 2013

Who is the announcer who is yelling “Oh no. Oh wow!”? Cause that is like the perfect delivery for that play. I’ve got it permanently etched in my brain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Apples McGrind posted:

Who is the announcer who is yelling “Oh no. Oh wow!”? Cause that is like the perfect delivery for that play. I’ve got it permanently etched in my brain.

Jonathan Vilma. He was doing color commentary and Kenny Albert was doing play by play.