Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE
As unready for the moment I felt the announcers on the NFL network were for the Colts-Vikings game given it's historical context, Jonathan Vilma perfectly captured the zeitgeist of the moment Chandler Jones owned Mac Jones and the New England Patriots

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?

Mister Perky posted:

this really needs to be the next play to enter the canon of NFL Lore plays that are known by catchy nicknames. But I don't know what its would be.

There's an old baseball play called "Merkle's Boner," I feel we should bring that back and dub this one "Jakobi's boner"

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Grittybeard posted:

Ha, we've got a 'laces out!' in the wild from a former pretty good punter:

https://twitter.com/dustincolquitt2/status/1604644021468626944

You’d think Toub would loving fix this.

I also think Butker has the yips. But the special teams play this year has been loving abysmal.

Chiefs need a new OC and DC next year. Toub better get his poo poo together.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
https://twitter.com/NickiJhabvala/status/1604711303741841408

This seems. Uh. Not good?

Especially with the massive uncalled DPI a couple plays later.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

He was pretty clearly off the line.

Officiating sucked but that one was totally avoidable.

Apples McGrind
Oct 13, 2013

No Butt Stuff posted:

He was pretty clearly off the line.

Officiating sucked but that one was totally avoidable.

The official gave him the green light though, and then threw the flag instantly.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Kinda crazy the amount of respect Sauce is getting as a rookie. DROY is a given but he should probably be 1st team All-Pro as well.

https://twitter.com/SethWalder/status/1604589190209048579

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

you gotta hate that. it's like giving a running back a bunch of awards for never being tackled because he wasn't getting carries. just lying and joking. i undenrstand the entire sport

John McClane
Nov 14, 2011

at least patriots fans will respect him for dying in defense of the thin blue line

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe

Apples McGrind posted:

The official gave him the green light though, and then threw the flag instantly.

From the body language on the video, it looks like the ref is pointing where the WR needs to be the entire time; the WR takes a step up, the ref thinks it’s not enough, but the WR is not paying attention anymore. He does look back briefly and give a wave, but he doesn’t move again.

Obviously we can’t know if anything was said.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

The uncalled DPI where he’s wearing a defender like a jacket when the ball arrives in the end zone seems a lot more egregious.

On the other hand gently caress Dan Snyder’s team I am glad they lost :colbert:

Separately, has anyone seen Jakobi Meyers this morning? I am a little worried he is going to be disappeared into the same CIA black site where we lost Jonas Gray.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/billbarnwell/status/1604877494041157635

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Honestly that run was set up pretty well on the outside.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Was it 4th down? Why would they not just kneel that out if it weren't?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

they did it for no reason.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE
they did it...for us...

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

https://twitter.com/technogaijin/status/1604639992235536384?s=20&t=ls6AtMyzGEgA-4-tg6IqXg

Mac Jones getting pulped and Vilma’s call sent me into hysterics. I haven’t laughed that hard in so long.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

Was it 4th down? Why would they not just kneel that out if it weren't?

You run it because hey maybe he breaks it off and takes it for a TD. Yes he might fumble, but that’s low chance and they aren’t that close to their own endzone. You don’t exactly plan for spontaneous lateral play.

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.

TheHoosier posted:

https://twitter.com/technogaijin/status/1604639992235536384?s=20&t=ls6AtMyzGEgA-4-tg6IqXg

Mac Jones getting pulped and Vilma’s call sent me into hysterics. I haven’t laughed that hard in so long.

I did appreciate the Stanford Band reference from Kenny Albert.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
I wonder if the original pitch from Stevenson was part of the plan.

Doctor Teeth
Sep 12, 2008

Mister Perky posted:

this really needs to be the next play to enter the canon of NFL Lore plays that are known by catchy nicknames. But I don't know what its would be.

pitch six

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Haven't been following this thread so I don't know if it's been mentioned, but I find it very funny that Chandler Jones whiffed the initial tackle on Stevenson. Which is why he was right there for Jakobi Meyers' throw :laugh:

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Rhamondre Stevenson must be a big fan of Drew Magary, since he just wrote an article this week talking about how there should be more laterals.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Freaquency posted:

Rhamondre Stevenson must be a big fan of Drew Magary, since he just wrote an article this week talking about how there should be more laterals.

Hahaha, I was thinking about that same article while watching that replay.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
https://twitter.com/fb_filmanalysis/status/1604914742161592320?s=46&t=dCSmDYrNgP2DtBka-JG6sw

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Actually he’s a bust based on his performance last year on an awful team with an awful coach and also because OSU QBs are all bad in the NFL. Sorry, those are just the facts and nothing that happens now can change them.

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

I wonder if the original pitch from Stevenson was part of the plan.
My guess as to what happened is that they called the lateral party, because why not? The coaches' expectation is that the players will recognize the game situation and just eat the ball instead of doing anything silly. The players interpreted the call as, we need to win the game right here, no overtime.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
God Im going to actually not hate looking back on a draft thread because of that guy. Been a while.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Simplex posted:

My guess as to what happened is that they called the lateral party, because why not? The coaches' expectation is that the players will recognize the game situation and just eat the ball instead of doing anything silly. The players interpreted the call as, we need to win the game right here, no overtime.
Yeah I would pin this on bad coaching then the players not thinking / not having time to think. Jakobi is still astronomically stupid for what he did, but I blame coaches for putting him/the offense in that position.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Simplex posted:

Matthew Slater has since said laterals were not supposed to be part of the play - which makes sense, it was just a give up run that would have gone nowhere had the Raiders tackling not been so awful. So Stevenson and Meyers were just feeling it.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Actually he’s a bust based on his performance last year on an awful team with an awful coach and also because OSU QBs are all bad in the NFL. Sorry, those are just the facts and nothing that happens now can change them.

It's good that you understand this. Now please trade him to Seattle for a paperclip and a couple of magic beans. The paperclip can be used to pick the lock into the Giants' castle in New York. Or so I've been told.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Matthew Slater has since said laterals were not supposed to be part of the play - which makes sense, it was just a give up run that would have gone nowhere had the Raiders tackling not been so awful. So Stevenson and Meyers were just feeling it.

Slater is part of the coverup.

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

YOLOsubmarine posted:

I don't know what the answer is for the Bears offense. Sure, Fields has some pretty runs and is racking up rushing yards but that isn't going to consistently win them games. Especially after the defense gets more tape on his latest run-heavy style. He has failed to break 170 passing yards in 4 of his last 5 games.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

MJeff posted:

https://twitter.com/NickiJhabvala/status/1604711303741841408

This seems. Uh. Not good?

Especially with the massive uncalled DPI a couple plays later.

Yeah in retrospect it was pretty funny to hear the color crew semi-justify the no call on DPI because the officials want it decided on the field after they negated a TD over a fairly tickytack procedural penalty that didn't effect the play in any way

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Hughmoris posted:

I don't know what the answer is for the Bears offense. Sure, Fields has some pretty runs and is racking up rushing yards but that isn't going to consistently win them games. Especially after the defense gets more tape on his latest run-heavy style. He has failed to break 170 passing yards in 4 of his last 5 games.

Look at the bears receiving corps this year and you will be on your way to finding the answer.

Their line also sucks bigly.

Maybe the worst talent on offense in the league, certainly bottom 3.

YOLOsubmarine fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Dec 19, 2022

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I mean Fields is still what he is, a really raw talent that will need the bears to develop him

That’s pretty grim

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

John Harbaugh has a press conference in 10 minutes and Ravens Twitter is juiced up for him to announce that he fired Greg Roman, which it definitely will not be

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
The Bears performing like a top-5 scoring offense since they started using designed runs for Fields. Pretty comfortable with him as an offensive engine at this point

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proud graduate of the Andy Reid coaching clinic.

Hughmoris posted:

Doesn’t matter how many yards he has passing, it matters if they score points and win games. They’ve been scoring a lot for a bears team but are awful at winning, I hope they can build a team around Fields.