Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MickeyFinn
May 8, 2007
Biggie Smalls and Junior Mafia some mark ass bitches
Layoffs - Cost-cutting - C-level pokerface - Workplace recession fears - seagulls eating puke in the parking lot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MickeyFinn
May 8, 2007

Smythe posted:

ive been sitting in this literal office for like 15 years so if i get fired idk how im gonna get rid of this poo poo. its like a whole apartment worth of bullshit ive accumulated here over the years. prob just leave it and schedule 1800 got junk to collect when im gone.

Why do anything? If you are fired and you don’t want to deal with all the poo poo at your desk, just leave. What is the downside?

MickeyFinn
May 8, 2007

Ghosthotel posted:

got caught in this big layoff today

https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2023/02/08/affirm-cuts-19percent-of-workforce-shares-tank-on-earnings-miss.html

the scene in the group chat was kind of wild, we got the announcement of the workforce cut and we’re told that we’d find out in several
minutes if we we’re getting laid off like it was a lottery. Then whoever was in charge of revoking privileges on our work station got a little trigger happy and people started disappearing from
the work chat in the middle of being confused and asking what the hell was happening. Id already been planning on going somewhere else so it didn’t piss me off that much but uh my coworker who gives birth in 5 days was not thrilled.

Ehh, it’s not so bad. The USA needs poor people, too.