Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ghosthotel
Dec 27, 2008

Man this video is exactly how a town hall at my current company went a few months ago. They dropped on us out of nowhere that there would be paycuts across the board and that we were losing our floating holidays and just dipped with a "we wont be taking questions at the time" and immediately closed the zoom call lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghosthotel
Dec 27, 2008

Fintech company I work for hit us with the "Hard Decisions will have to be made in the future" which everyone knows probably means layoffs lol. Also let us know on the same day they are getting out of crypto which was phenomenally stupid of them to do in the first place and it's cool to know that the people who came up with that initiative will likely never see any repercussions while everyone else gets hosed

Ghosthotel
Dec 27, 2008

That is absolutely a given. I feel bad for anyone who occupies the same role as me who decided to join the incubation team for their crypto program because they likely have huge targets on their backs now. When offered to me I said "hell no" in the politest way I could because there was no way I was gonna attach myself to crypto in 2022 lmao

Ghosthotel
Dec 27, 2008

got caught in this big layoff today

https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2023/02/08/affirm-cuts-19percent-of-workforce-shares-tank-on-earnings-miss.html

the scene in the group chat was kind of wild, we got the announcement of the workforce cut and we’re told that we’d find out in several
minutes if we we’re getting laid off like it was a lottery. Then whoever was in charge of revoking privileges on our work station got a little trigger happy and people started disappearing from
the work chat in the middle of being confused and asking what the hell was happening. Id already been planning on going somewhere else so it didn’t piss me off that much but uh my coworker who gives birth in 5 days was not thrilled.

Ghosthotel
Dec 27, 2008

Paradoxish posted:

I think they do loans all the way out to 48 months for really big stuff, probably at crazy APRs now.

Depends. Certain vendors (peloton, amazon, other big brands) had a guarantee of 0% apr no matter how bad someone’s credit was as part of whatever hosed up contract they had with said vendors but i’d see people with 2 year long loans with like 25%+ APR where they were essentially paying double the price if they were just paying monthly minimum. I already had one foot out the door here so i’m glad to no longer have to look at people being tricked into absolutely awful loan agreements