Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Throb Robinson
Feb 8, 2010

He would enjoy administering the single antidote to Leia. He would enjoy it very much indeed..
https://twitter.com/ID_AA_Carmack/status/1603931899810004994?s=20&t=Brit3BTuwnMXNHWe1WEzGg

I used to work at Meta, not with John. But he is 100% on the money about what's killing things on the inside. The glut of people,cash and resources is absolutely a hindrance to these big tech places. Everyone including myself for the time I worked there is constantly trying to prove that they are worth keeping and that others should take the fall before them. There is a lot of internal agony over "AI" just automating everyone away from their jobs. So you get people buying huge amounts of stuff just to seem like they are doing something important or people hiring dozens of people to put between them and lay off time.

I've heard the exact same thing from friends who had worked at Google or Apple. No one really does anything but build their own little feudal kingdom under Mark, Tim or Elong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Throb Robinson
Feb 8, 2010

He would enjoy administering the single antidote to Leia. He would enjoy it very much indeed..