Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

mawarannahr posted:

is it easier to weather a recession in the public sector, academia etc? is there a delay in impact compared to private industry?

federal agencies yes, state and especially local can be a lot more dicey

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

we got approval to hire new positions (that is, not backfilling old ones) on my team for next year so my hope is that if there is a contraction then they'll just not fill those roles instead of cutting people. who knows!!!

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

if i had to guess a big chunk of those employees are sales reps, account managers, and assorted infrastructure trying to sell headspace as an enterprise employee wellness app. ive definitely worked at places that prominently featured free (for us) meditation apps as a perk lol.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

drat lol they just sent an email TODAY saying, with immediate effect, we're on a hiring/promotion/salary increase freeze. merry christmas!!!!!

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

should've sent a bag of dirt with the word puto written on it

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

6 month freeze on all hiring except critical roles which must be approved by c-suite... lol. i think my team is safe from cuts but who knows!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Hatebag posted:

Phew, turns out my boss quit. Hatebag stays winning

goongrats