Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN
Just put in my two weeks with no job lined up gently caress you [regional hospital chain] you can't just let boomers retire and die of COVID and cover the gaps with overtime and working managers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

19 o'clock posted:

poo poo you just described what I’m about to do at my job

do it it rocks

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

19 o'clock posted:

I talked myself down into submitting FMLA/Personal leave

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

Rectal Death Adept posted:

I'm a maintenance mechanic and manufacturing hiring is insane right now and wages are probably 50% higher than they were 3-5 years ago

Unfortunately this still means you are going to average $16-$20 for unskilled/entry level positions but anyone with maintenance experience, especially PLCs, is in a pretty great spot.
Even the increased entry level wages isn't enough to get anyone in the door. Why would they when you can make the same in retail?

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

19 o'clock posted:

It turns out that threatening to quit then backing down only to come at them with an FMLA form worked for getting them to hire a temp at double the wage that they refused to pay multiple candidates.

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

19 o'clock posted:

...so nothing changed?

on my last day another employee got in a fight with the boss and walked out. word is offshoring work to India and the Philippines at this point. i hope it works out well for them.

We went from minus -2 employees to -1 and I got moved from swingshift back to pm shift.

The boss is still filling in for the -1 by working midnights

FMLA was for "Shift Work Disorder" lmao

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

You just need to put in your 12 years in Nonprofits then all your student debt is forgiven and you'll have outlasted all your rivals who don't have generational wealth. Then the directorship and the 75K salary that comes with it is yours for the taking.

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

Smoking a recreational drug that prevents you from getting a good job seems like a very smart thing to do in a recession..

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

tokin opposition posted:

the only jobs that test are either transit or terrible

Blue collar jobs are peak employment.

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

HashtagGirlboss posted:

Even they don’t screen for weed anymore because it would make hiring impossible

well drat there goes my only advantage of orger applicants, glad I got into the trades when I did

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

shyduck posted:

I once interned for a systems integrator, and I was assigned to work on-site at a pharmaceutical manufacturing facility as a contractor. Not only did I get tested for the job but I had to get tested on premises to be permitted onto the pharmaceutical campus

sucks to be the more qualified and more competent pothead stoner systems integrator

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

Laterite posted:

grow ops / cannabis store owners are some of the most ruthless insane capitalists around, might give oil companies a run for their money, relatively.

sex creeps too