Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!

War and Pieces posted:

Just put in my two weeks with no job lined up gently caress you [regional hospital chain] you can't just let boomers retire and die of COVID and cover the gaps with overtime and working managers

poo poo you just described what I’m about to do at my job

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!

War and Pieces posted:

I talked myself down into submitting FMLA/Personal leave

I'm still deciding. Set next Thursday as "Resignation Day" in my (non work) calendar.

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!

Xaris posted:

the fun question is: are rents going to drop in Williamsburg/Brooklyn, LA, Portland, Seattle, Denver, or Bay Area?

I’m a public accountant in Denver and am pretty committed to my resignation date next Thursday. I’ll be out just as tax season hits. gonna spend the spring job hunting and then likely just sell everything and move. housing is out of reach here and bosses just keep saying “wait it will get better!”

I’ve been waiting for 15 years. I don’t weep for the retiring capitalist class wondering who is going to take over their businesses while also having roommates. it’s dumb. let me buy a loving home and I’ll be yours forever but otherwise kindly gently caress off with your “nobody wants to work anymore!” dogshit.

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!

what kind of returns can you offer?

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!

triple sulk posted:

things are really bad right now. mostly senior roles and the requirements for those roles are up across the board, if they're ultimately still filling them

some people in various internet circles seem to think it'll get better in january when headcount and budget come back but i'm not so sure

I think it’s gonna be painful now that interest is up, people are drawing down on capital investment, and the money printer is off so no more discount/free money for investors.

I haven’t done any industry budgeting this year but I can’t imagine it’s looking too optimistic

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!

War and Pieces posted:

It turns out that threatening to quit then backing down only to come at them with an FMLA form worked for getting them to hire a temp at double the wage that they refused to pay multiple candidates.

...so nothing changed?

on my last day another employee got in a fight with the boss and walked out. word is offshoring work to India and the Philippines at this point. i hope it works out well for them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!

War and Pieces posted:

FMLA was for "Shift Work Disorder" lmao

lol