Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

mawarannahr posted:

is it easier to weather a recession in the public sector, academia etc? is there a delay in impact compared to private industry?

yeah def, feds don't really do mass layoffs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

my roommate got fired last month with eight months' notice, effective next june 30, with a severance check of 25k when it happens

i'd really like a few interviews before everything goes to poo poo

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

lol that numbers column is a loving mess

there are dozens of us! dozens!

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Xaris posted:

all the old affordable to masses stuff isn't coming back, and now that base is (potentially) declining, so ????

$4 gin and tonic bars with reclaimed wood and polished aluminum siding

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

speng31b posted:

https://www.chron.com/news/houston-texas/article/automated-mcdonald-texas-17672788.php

Texas town with famously racist name origin fully automates McDonald's. happy holidays

[ctrl+f "white s"]

yeah there it is

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

War and Pieces posted:

FMLA was for "Shift Work Disorder" lmao

drat i gotta remember this one

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Shear Modulus posted:

I've never heard nonprofits be described as anything but absolutely terrible to work for

literal same

except from communications majors who work in lucrative PR jobs who got their start at nonprofits

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

https://twitter.com/CNBC/status/1621546151911514114

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

i need a dang interview mr brandon

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

there is a loving crazy glut in the weed market, even in illegal states. prices are 25% of what they were a decade ago

if you were a company that ramped up expecting prices to remain similar to what they were upon legalization, you're getting wrecked

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

The Demilich posted:

Wish I knew where this cheap cannabis was in CA. The grower I know is now asking $800 for 16oz, which lol, lmao no.

that's cheap to me, dammit

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

i still remember the one time i paid $20/g when i was a teen (it was really great tho)

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

War and Pieces posted:

Smoking a recreational drug that prevents you from getting a good job seems like a very smart thing to do in a recession..

shut up narc

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

War and Pieces posted:

sucks to be the more qualified and more competent pothead stoner systems integrator

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Casey Finnigan posted:

that's what I paid loving 5 days ago

lol owned. i'm like 400 miles from a legal state and it's $120 or less

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

i got an email about an 8-5 accounting job handling invoices. it's a contract job for one day, this monday, for $160